7201 Wisconsin Avenue
Founded in 1973, the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to educating the public and healthcare professionals about the causes, prevention, and treatment of infectious diseases across the lifespan. With an annual operating budget of ~$3M, NFID seeks a part-time fundraising professional to help expand and diversify operational funding sources while assessing alternatives to secure long-term financial independence.
The Development Officer is a part-time position that reports directly to the Executive Director/CEO. The position is responsible for the review and implementation of a targeted, strategic fundraising plan to include cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and corporate donors and foundation grants to meet established revenue benchmarks.
Critical responsibilities for this role include:
- Work closely with Executive Director/CEO and NFID Board of Directors to develop budget and review and implement annual fundraising plan to diversify NFID revenue sources.
- Develop strategies for increasing revenue across all funding streams in the NFID fundraising plan
- Identify and solicit new prospects to support operations and programs
- Develop and implement a donor cultivation and stewardship strategy, including appropriate and timely acknowledgment of all donations and contributions and management of donor data in NFID database
- Present regular updates to the NFID Board of Directors on fundraising progress and participate in leadership meetings
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- At least 7 years of progressive leadership experience in fundraising for a health-related organization including strong understanding and success with various campaigns
- Demonstrated success in managing annual fundraising plan, including development, implementation, evaluation, and achievement of goals
- Proven success as a frontline fundraiser
- Successful track record of raising funds through proposal writing and grant management
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to network effectively, cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, and successfully close gifts of support
- Non-profit/association experience required
- Policy & advocacy fundraising experience preferred
- Ability to develop strategy and manage implementation of a fundraising plan
- Expertise with all aspects of fundraising – foundations, individuals (annual fund and major gifts), events, and corporate
- Strong proposal writing and grants management experience, with a focus on private foundations
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Strong project management skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and provide solutions
- And a passion for public health and disease prevention
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining an organization that makes a difference on a daily basis, and you meet the qualifications for this exceptional role, please forward your resume and a letter outlining your interests in this role (including salary requirements) to: HR@NFID.org.