The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director. This is a part-time position for 20 hours a week. The schedule can be flexible, depending on the candidate’s needs. Asia Catalyst expects the Development Manager to work primarily remotely, but must be based in the New York City area. (Candidates who have taken a hiatus from full-time work and/or who need schedule flexibility due to child care or elder care are encouraged to apply).
We are seeking a creative and experienced development professional to help us grow our fundraising functions and capacity.
The Development Manager will be responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting major individual donors and family foundations. In addition, s/he will be tasked with identifying, developing and managing new relationships, and strengthening and managing existing relationships, within private foundations and multilateral organizations.
The Development Manager will also manage our Kindful donor database, produce donation acknowledgements, and do monthly gift reconciliation with Asia Catalyst’s bookkeeper. S/he will be responsible for the administration of all donor communication and solicitation, including direct mail, e-invites and e-solicitations, special event invitations, event planning and rsvps and posting on social media. The Development Manager will work with the Executive Director, the Fundraising Committee of the Board and the Board of Directors on donor prospecting and cultivation. The person may also be asked to draft donor correspondence and assist in developing grant request materials and grant reports to institutional funders.
· Bachelor's degree required
· At least five years of relevant experience in a development role
· Established network of fundraising contacts
· Proven track record in fundraising, including experience in mobilizing major individual and private foundation gifts/grants
· Documented/demonstrated experience working with a donor database
· Solid understanding of development process, how development research contributes to it, and the information sources used in development research
· Strong research, writing, problem solving and interpersonal skills
· Self-starter with ability to act independently within highly collaborative and collegial atmosphere
· Maturity and discretion in working with confidential information
· Excellent oral, written, presentation skills
· Demonstrated people and communication management skills
· A commitment to professional ethics and the ability to interact with diverse constituencies
· A passionate commitment to the human rights of marginalized groups, and Asia Catalyst’s mission
Benefits include healthcare.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent written English proficiency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send, only by e-mail, a cover letter describing your interest in the position, a CV, and relevant writing sample to email@example.com, stating “Development Manager” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.