Get out the youth vote in 2018
On Election Day young people will be the largest and most diverse group of potential voters, with distinct values and ideas. Together young people have the power to elect the next generation leaders who care about the things we do, and will fight for their shared vision of the future, but only if they vote. That’s why the New Voters Project, a project of PIRG New Voters Project and its state partners, is hiring organizers to run its non-partisan voter registration and get-out-the-vote campaign, on college campuses across the country this Fall.
It’s your future, vote on it.
You have the power to decide the future of our country. Just imagine the way you want the future to be:
· Air and water that you feel confident is clean and safe;
· Affordable higher education so students don’t have to graduate in debt;
· Where it’s clear and obvious that all voices matter;
· And everyone — even big corporations and billionaires — play by the same rules.
You can choose to let other people make decisions that impact your future, or you can vote and get a future that works for you.
As a full-time organizer with the New Voters Project, you will:
● Run a non-partisan voter registration and turnout campaign in a campus community. Campus Organizers recruit and train a team of volunteers to register 18-29 year olds, collect pledges to vote, and contact all of these young people to turn out the vote on Election Day.
● Educate students and train new leaders. Campus Organizers teach citizenship and organizing skills. Campus Organizers also oversee an internship program, through which students can earn academic course credit for their work to boost youth voter engagement.
● Build a coalition. Campus Organizers work with student volunteers and interns to build a diverse, invested coalition of organizations and people to boost youth voter turnout.
APPLY ONLINE at PIRGCampusAction.org.
Pay & Benefits: The target annual compensation for this position is $26,500. PIRG Campus Action offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Locations: We’re hiring organizers to work on college campuses in North Carolina, New Mexico, Arizona, Florida, Illinois, and a few other states.
Each of the groups that run the New Voters Project is part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done. Visit www.publicinterestnetwork.org to learn more.
Each of the groups that run the New Voters Project is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or application the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
PIRG Campus Action offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Minimum Education Required