426 17th Street
The Director of Employment and Education leads efforts to develop and implement effective, outcome-oriented, accountable employment and education strategies. Working with agency programs across the state of California, the Director of Employment and Education is a member of the Program Leadership team and collaborates with Regional and Assistant Directors, ILSP Directors, and Housing Director to promote seamless participant experience and holistic achievement of youth outcomes. Providing technical assistance and direct guidance and assistance to Program Managers and leads, the Director is responsible to monitor and respond to trends, develop and ensure accurate implementation of program, and to manage all aspects of program including youth, fiscal and grant outcomes. The Director is charged to monitor workforce trends to ensure program strategies align with local opportunities for each geographic region. Additionally the Director develops and nurtures partnerships with employers including providing coaching support to Employment and Education Specialists and others in employer engagement. An ambassador for the agency, the Director provides external leadership through participation and presentation at conferences and collaborative partnerships.
- Ensure best and evidence based strategies for youth engagement, skill-building and motivation
- Monitor workforce and market trends and continuously update strategies to increase employer engagement and effectiveness in matching youth with employment opportunities
- Develop and nurture strategic partnerships with employers, educators, community colleges, education foundations, workforce development and youth work programs, and employment coalitions to create opportunities and sustain opportunities to engage and support youth success.
- Ensure implementation of strategies through monitoring of progress and outcome data; support leadership staff to effectively train and monitor fidelity of staff efforts to program design including data collection and monitoring.
Program Implementation, Training and Assistance
- Provide training and technical assistance to Employment and Education Specialty and leadership staff across all programs.
- Develop and oversee implementation of workshops, events and other programming to promote youth progression toward sustainable wage employment
- Provide and review with leadership monthly data, trends, and areas of focus for county teams and statewide programs to achieve youth outcomes. Include analysis of program fidelity, funding reports, and other internal and external reporting requirements.
- Identify themes and collaborate with internal staff to ensure integrity of data, reporting, analysis and efforts supporting youth outcomes.
- Provide guidance and support staff teams charged with developing and sustaining local Young Adult Leadership Programs.
- In collaboration with Contracts, Development Policy and Evaluation and Learning, assist with grant and strategic development, operational plan development and implementation.
- Develop and control to budget
- Ensure accurate grant management tracking and reporting
- Act as an agency ambassador in community collaborations, funder events/meetings, and other settings
- BA and experience with youth populations and workforce development required. Master’s in related field strongly preferred.
- At least two years’ demonstrated success managing direct service workers and program coordination/ administration
- Three years’ of experience working with at-risk youth, preferably current and former foster youth
- Demonstrated success monitoring and developing programs driven by education, employment and career trends.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2000 applications. Experienced with data-base systems. Experience with Efforts to Outcomes database is a plus
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend work and some travel as needed
- Must have a dependable car, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance required
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Generous paid vacation and holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan.
• Benefits coverage for employee and dependents
• 401 (k) Retirement plan
• LTD and Flex Spending Account
Minimum Education Required