77 S. Washington St.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Compass Housing Alliance is seeking a dynamic HR Assistant with a strong attention to detail to join our small, but busy team. They will be responsible for performing a variety of HR administrative support duties related to staffing, recruiting, information management, and more. The HR Assistant is the first line of contact for the department and works with staff throughout the entire employment lifecycle. The ideal applicant will possess strong organizational, communication, and time management skills as well as an understanding of and passion for Compass’ mission. This job will provide a great learning opportunity for someone with administrative experience who is looking to break into human resources.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: Headquarters in Pioneer Square
REPORTS TO: HR Generalist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm
SALARY RANGE: $18-$21 per hour DOE
BENEFITS: Complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Flexible Spending Account, fully paid Orca transportation card, 403(b) retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program
· Strong attention to detail, required. Strength in both following and improving upon procedures.
· Passionate, professional commitment to mitigating homelessness and providing affordable housing in the community, required.
· Associate’s degree is required, Bachelor’s degree is strongly desired in human resources, business or related field. Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
· At least 1 year of experience working in an administrative support role, with emphasis on quality customer service, required.
· At least 1 year of data entry experience, ideally with proficiency and accuracy concerning high volumes of data, desired.
· Human Resources related education, work, and/or volunteer experience, desired.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability and all other groups protected by law and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours.
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at HRInfo@compasshousingalliance.org.
Complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Flexible Spending Account, fully paid Orca transportation card, 403(b) retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about our current job openings and access to the online application, visit our website at http://www.compasshousingalliance.org/who-we-are-top/employment/.