8401 Connecticut Avenue
The Development Manager will focus on individual giving. This is a new position, created in conjunction with ArtStream's strategic plan that includes revenue diversification as a major goal. The Development Director will be responsible for: 1) researching individual donors, and 2) supporting the Executive Director on the creation of a major gifts program. The successful candidate will assist in meeting annual goals for individual giving, and in upgrading as well as stewarding donors.
- Coordinate efforts to expand the individual donor base at all giving levels (50 new donors giving $120,000 in FY19)
- Assist in implementation of practices to increase gift size and maximize donor retention
- Identify and qualify prospects from among current and prospective donors; create research profiles
- Assist with individual donor solicitation process and develop cultivation plans
- Track progress on budgeted quarterly goals and report on development revenue and projections
- Mnage donor recognition listings on website and in annual Impact Report, Gala materials, and Playbills
- Conduct donor visits and assist with donor recognition at fundraising events such as the annual Gala
- Record donor contacts in the Kindful donor database
- Manage individual donor acknowledgement process
- Produce bi-monthly reports on donor/donation metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years of fundraising experience, preferably with individual donors
- Proven track record of high integrity, good judgment, dependability, and discretion, especially in prospect management and individual gift solicitation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with donors and people with IDD, and work effectively with all levels of staff
- Experience working with donor database software, ability to handle confidential data
- Proficiency in online research
- Working knowledge of disability and family needs preferred
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Innovative and resourceful problem-solving ability; flexible and adaptable; able to manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Commitment to ArtStream's mission and ability to promote and represent ArtStream to the disability community and the public
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. Must have access to dependable transportation for donor meetings and events.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Flexible hours may be pre-arranged to support evening and weekend work as required for donor meetings, performances, cultivation events, and as job duties demand.
ArtStream is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, sex, race, color, national origin, sexual preference, disability, political or religious opinion or affiliation, or other characteristics protected by law in any of our policies, procedures or practices.
Reasonable Accommodations: If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send the request by mail to: ArtStream, 8401 Connecticut Ave, Ste 1230, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.
Vacation and sick leave. Federal holidays observed plus additional paid week off between Christmas and New Year's. Employer contributes to group healthcare plan. Employer provided Short-term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance. 401k established.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required