Breakthrough is seeking an enthusiastic Recruitment Manager who will champion Breakthrough and mobilize support nationally, to grow teacher recruitment efforts across the Collaborative. As a member of the national program team working closely with the Chief People & Program Officer and affiliate directors across the country, this recruitment professional will manage the centralized teaching fellow recruitment process and support selection efforts for our network of 25 affiliates. The Recruitment Manager will also be responsible for leading the Campus Ambassador Program - a team of passionate undergraduate alumni recruiting on campuses across the country.
This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA or in Bloomington, IN (where the Chief People & Program Officer is based). Current Breakthrough affiliate staff based in other cities are encouraged to apply.
- Design and implement a recruitment strategy to increase the quality, quantity, and diversity of the applicant pool
- Create individualized outreach plans for diverse stakeholders (partners, registrants, applicants, etc.)
- Inspire and provide support to applicants from the first point of engagement through commitment
- Engage, listen to, and support affiliate directors in recruitment, selection, and programmatic work
- Cultivate, nurture, and measure relationships with career centers, scholarship programs, and recruitment partners
- Actively seek and strategically plan new lead generation strategies
- Analyze data and current trends in recruitment to inform strategy
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate an annual recruitment travel calendar
- Represent Breakthrough at online and in-person recruitment and networking events
- Deliver recruitment training and facilitate the sharing of recruitment best-practices to directors across the country
- Manage the recruitment, selection, training, and supervision of the campus ambassador team
- Market Breakthrough opportunities using multiple platforms Including physical marketing, job boards, and social media
- Contribute to the design and development of print and media recruitment materials
- Attend and present at Breakthrough national conferences, trainings, and meetings
- Enter, update, and maintain accurate information on recruitment efforts in Salesforce
- Assist in preparation of recruitment and selection reports
- Support other national and program team projects and initiatives as assigned
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must be passionate about educational equity and motivated by Breakthrough's dual mission. While no one individual will possess all of the desired qualifications, we are looking for a candidate who possesses the appropriate and necessary blend of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong preference given to current Breakthrough affiliate staff
- Previous Breakthrough experience highly desired
- Minimum of 1-2 years of recruitment, selection, or admissions experience
- Working knowledge of effective recruiting techniques and best practices
- Strong customer service orientation to work with applicants, partners, and directors
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture relationships with a diverse group of people
- Experience managing undergraduates and/or volunteers
- Experience with Salesforce (strongly preferred) or other recruitment databases/CRMs
- Ability to travel locally and nationally, up to 20% (predominately in the fall)
- Experience working as a member of a remote or geographically disbursed team
The compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and expertise. We offer competitive health benefits, a 401k retirement contribution, and a generous paid time-off policy. Most importantly, we offer the opportunity to work with an amazing group of smart, dedicated, and fun people!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume that outlines how your skills and experiences meet the qualifications of the position through this URL: https://breakthrough.tfaforms.net/306273.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with preference given to candidates submitting applications by Monday, August 20, 2018.