309 N. Charles Street
Overview: ARC, Inc. is seeking an Office Manager/Bookkeeper. The ideal candidate will bring accounting and office management skills. This is a full-time position is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
Advancing Real Change, Inc. (ARC, Inc.) is a not-for-profit organization based in Baltimore, Maryland dedicated to providing systematic and comprehensive life history investigations for those facing the death penalty and juveniles facing life sentences. We engage in direct casework on pre-trial, trial, and post-conviction cases, train and consult with defense teams working on capital and juvenile life cases, and participate in state and national training sessions.
ARC, Inc. is committed to the following values:
· Excellence in the provision of services for indigent defendants: we consider the ABA Guidelines for Mitigation Function of Defense Team in Capital Cases to have established minimum standards for high quality representation in capital cases, and we are committed to surpassing those standards in every case;
· Client-centered and relationship-based work that respects the humanity and dignity of all involved in the criminal justice system;
· Innovation and creativity in the provision of defense services;
· The elimination of racism and other forms of discrimination in the justice system.
The primary function of the Office Manager/Bookkeeper will be to handle ARC, Inc.’s finances and office management. The Office Manager/Bookkeeper will report directly to the Executive Director.
· Execution of all bookkeeping tasks, including generating reports
· Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Management of all banking and financial record-keeping
· Serve as point of contact on all financial matters
· Draft and submit monthly invoices for fees for service and expense reimbursements
· Review and approve bi-weekly payroll
· Review, categorize, and submit for processing staff expense authorizations for reimbursements
· Follow up on outstanding payments
· Coordinate administrative aspects of contracts in various jurisdictions
· Serve as the point person for organizational insurance renewals
· Serve as the point person for employee benefits (including health, dental, life, and a retirement savings plan)
· Participate in staff meetings
· Manage purchasing, including identifying cost-saving measures where possible
· Answer telephone, screen and direct calls
· Assist in scheduling travel arrangements for staff
· Manage office space and office systems including equipment, associated contracts and agreements
· Manage and update filing systems, as needed
· Provide general administrative and clerical support
· Oversee onboarding process for new hires
· Serve as the point person for the ongoing review and revision of the Employee Handbook and manage its distribution to staff
The ideal candidate must have the following experience, education, and skills:
· Experience in the same or similar role
· Knowledge of systems and processes for non-profit organizations, including operations, finance, reporting, and governance
· Significant experience with Quickbooks
· High integrity and strong work ethic
· Ability to manage multiple priorities, organize a diverse workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines consistently
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, and other third-party applications
· Track record of being a team player and community-minded
· An organized and precise work practice with attention to detail and accuracy
· Strengths in team work and relationship building
· Familiarity with common IT issues and trouble-shooting
5. Salary & Benefits
The position is full time with a six-month probationary period. This is an at-will position.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance.
6. Application Process
Applications should be submitted in writing or electronically to Erin Fiaschetti, 309 N. Charles St., Third floor, Baltimore, MD 21201 or to email@example.com. Applications should include a current CV, contact details for three references, and a cover letter that addresses the listed qualifications criteria. The position will remain open until filled.
ARC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required