8407 Central Avenue
The Islamic Scholarship Fund (ISF) is a social justice organization that helps deserving students attain a higher education by awarding merit-based scholarships. We’re growing our team this year, and first up for us is hiring a full time administrative coordinator with passion for social justice. We’re happy to pay up to $48,000 in salary for the right candidate. ☺
You will love this job if:
● You want help make a positive impact in representing Muslims and Islam in the US.
● You really enjoy doing a variety of tasks, rather than the same thing over and over.
● You’ve worked as an administrative assistant and have excellent references.
This job is not right for you if:
● Your job is just a paycheck, and the idea of being on a mission to help student-scholars go to college and grad school doesn’t float your boat.
● You need more structure and a lot of guidance in your work because you haven’t done administrative work before.
● You tend to like “the big picture” more than the details.
● Monitors incoming calls and emails and replies or forwards as required
● Prepares weekly emails to members
● Edits documents and ensures accuracy and professionalism in all outgoing communication
● Researches on specific topics and provides report
● Prepares presentations
● Develops, updates and maintains all databases such as donors and recipients and retrieves information when requested
Staff and Office Support
● Organizes travel arrangements for staff
● Coordinates and organizes appointments and meetings
● Monitors and maintains office supplies and equipment
● Performs work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
● Assist with event planning and implementation
● Assists with the selection and award process of scholarship and grant recipients
● Prepares and tests online program applications
● Trains interns and volunteers
● Hosts information tables at events and represents the organization
● Supports graphic designer in preparation of marketing material
● Supports outreach and marketing of all programs on social media and email platforms
● Attends events and workshops and supports with the execution
● Observes ISF events and notes areas of strength and improvement
● Distributes, collects, and reports program surveys
● AA and/or BA degree
● 3-5 years administrative experience
● Excellent verbal, reading and written communication skills in English
● Intermediate level computer software skills including data entry, Office Suites and Outlook
● Experience with graphic design a plus
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Salary range is up to $50,000, for the right candidate. Compensation will include health benefits and retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.