2420 Northeast Sandy Boulevard
TITLE: Events Specialist
REPORTS TO: Events Director
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic, fast-growing non-profit organization, is seeking an exceptional Events Specialist to join the three-person events team. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative, and the events team furthers this mission by producing ILFI’s signature events: inspirational experiences that transform and motivate our attendees to make lasting change.
The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission as a whole. The Event Specialist’s role is to provide a wide range of support and coordination tasks for the collaborative planning and execution of the Institute’s transformational live networking conferences and events, which serve as hubs of networking for deep green sustainability professionals working in the built environment.
ILFI offers a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented workplace that is mission-driven. The successful candidate must project a professional image through in-person, electronic and phone interaction. The position requires someone who can effectively manage multiple schedules, deadlines and demands. The ability to work independently without much supervision is critical. Successful candidates will be able to travel up to 20% of the time, have a valid driver’s license, the ability to up to lift 40 pounds unaided, and can stand/walk for extended periods of time at our events.
This job is full-time, exempt and typically 40 hours per week but also requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional overtime and weekend work as needed. Travel to other ILFI offices may be necessary as well as travel to conferences and events.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Coordinate event program logistics including workshops and tours, speakers, venues, catering and lodging for annual ILFI flagship events including Living Future, Living Product Expo and Net Positive Symposia.
- Serve as primary liaison to A/V staff and operate slides at tech table.
- Coordinate packing lists, rooming lists, carpools and staff schedules for events.
- Update and maintain Aventri registration system and Salesforce CRM as needed.
- Maintain and develop systems for registration, tracking, and project management.
- On show site, work with on-site registration manager to oversee registration.
- Coordinate and proof signage, conference program, mobile app and other graphic needs.
- Answer customer inquiries related to events and conferences as the “voice” of the events department via phone, email and in-person.
- Coordinate event mailings and electronic communications, blog posts, and newsletters in conjunction with communications and events teams.
- Coordinate trade show and build relationships with participants.
- Liaise with local host committees to facilitate shoulder events, after parties and tours.
- Update and maintain milestone management system and report out as requested.
- Secure in-kind donations and other sponsorship related opportunities related to ILFI and its events.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to notetaking, photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing and filing.
- Maintain electronic filing system in Dropbox.
- Assist in expense tracking and check processing as needed.
- 3-5 years of professional experience coordinating events, workshops, and conferences.
- Understanding of marketing, sales and communications best practices.
- Proven organizational skills and project coordination experience.
- A self-directed worker with the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Affinity for technology with the ability to readily learn new software applications.
- Comfort and flexibility with changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships through a collaborative and motivating working style.
- Ability to reliably meet deadlines and strong attention to detail.
- A commitment to sustainability and an appetite to learn more about the rapidly growing and evolving sustainability community.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a field complimentary to job duties and/or mission of the organization.
- Knowledge of green building design, construction strategies, technologies and materials and the ability to articulate the environmental health, and economic benefits of green building.
- Experience in a non-profit setting.
- Experience with online solutions and design platforms such as Salesforce, Aventri (eTouches), Eventbrite, Paypal, WordPress, MailChimp, InDesign.
- Mac-based hardware and software familiarity.
- LFA or LEED accreditation.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, employee life insurance, 403(b) retirement matching, three weeks of paid annual leave and 12 days paid annual sick leave.
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Events Specialist”. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 23rd, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.