The YWCA Princeton is seeking an outgoing, well-spoken, energetic team player. Typically, the hours are flexible Monday through Friday, however, there are occasionally outreach and fundraising events that do occur in the evenings and on weekends which would be required to attend. Remote and on and off-site work is required. Occasional travel within the Mercer County area may be required.
About Breast Cancer Resource Center
The YWCA Princeton Breast Cancer Resource Center is a support network for women and families who have been affected by breast cancer. Our Breast Cancer Resource Center is part of the YWCA Princeton. We offer comprehensive support programs and education free of charge for any women who has had a breast cancer diagnosis at some point in her life. What we do ranges from weekly fitness classes specifically for those who have had cancer, group support meet-ups, wig fittings, head shavings, healing arts classes, wellness webinars, a woman-to-woman network and so much more. In addition, we provide our community with breast cancer risk reduction presentations, discussions, and set up information tables at various events and venues. Visit www.ywcaprinceton.org/bcrc to learn more.
· The BCRC Program and Outreach Coordinator position is a mix of program management and community education. Primary duties and responsibilities:
· As a Program Coordinator – responsibilities include but are not limited to: the planning, scheduling, execution and follow up for all of our Spanish Speaking programs. Programs may include Healing Arts, Fitness & Wellness, Support Groups, Salon Services and Community Resources.
· As an Outreach Coordinator – responsibilities included but not limited of arranging and presenting breast cancer education sessions in our community, creating/updating the power point presentations for use at the in-person or virtual education sessions and setting up breast cancer information tables at community events. Additionally, will need keep current inventory of all breast cancer information pamphlets, brochures, and teaching tools for use at community health events and various other administrative tasks as requested by the BCRC Director.
· Some data entry and record keeping are also required.
· MUST SPEAK SPANISH
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Exemplary time management skills
· Knowledge of breast cancer as a disease (survivor, caregiver, medical professional) /desire to continue to learn about breast cancer prevention, breast care, screening etc.
· Excellent research skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Expert Microsoft office skills
· Team player
· Strong presentation skills
· Creative problem solver
· Can remain calm under pressure
· Compassionate and empathetic personality
· Can lift up to 25 pounds
· Pleasant speaking voice and phone personality
· Mindful of confidential nature of our work
· Enjoys public speaking
· Great collaborator
· Outgoing personality
· Patient and kind
As the BCRC Program and Outreach Coordinator, no two work days will be alike. If you are a flexible, organized person who is interested in working within a program that empowers breast cancer patients and survivors please provide your resume and a cover letter describing why you feel you will be successful in this role. No resumes without cover letters will be considered.
The YWCA Princeton is seeking an outgoing, well-spoken, energetic team player. Typically, the hours are flexible Monday through Friday, however, there are occasionally outreach and fundraising events that do occur in the evenings and on…
Must speak Spanish
Must speak Spanish