Triangle Land Conservancy is an accredited and well-respected land trust, having protected almost 19,000 acres in the rapidly growing Triangle region of North Carolina. For 35 years, TLC has conserved land to safeguard water quality, to support family farms and the local food economy, to protect important natural habitat and to connect people with nature. TLC is currently headquartered in downtown Durham and is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds in the workplace. www.triangleland.org
The Development Associate reports to the Development Manager and plays an important role on TLC’s Development and Communications team. The Development Associate maximizes financial support, communications, and volunteer engagement by identifying and monitoring donor groups, creating lists for mailings, contributing to event management, and running fundraising and financial reports. The Development Associate is responsible for managing TLC’s Raiser’s Edge NXT fundraising and constituent management database including the assurance of data integrity, analysis and report generation. They have primary responsibility for maintaining TLC’s database to ensure accurate, appropriate, and timely gift processing; acknowledgement, reporting and reconciliation of gifts; and relevant donor and donor prospect tracking. They provide important coordination with TLC’s annual fund, recurring gift, online donation and special gift campaigns in collaboration with Development Manager and works closely with the Finance Department to ensure timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of all gifts, as well as the Conservation and Stewardship Department to ensure land owner and other relevant information is current and tracked within the database.
Essential Duties Include
Donor Database Management
1. Responsible for timely and accurate data entry in The Raiser’s Edge NXT database from gift entry through batching and acknowledgement.
2. Provide timely and appropriate stewardship of gifts including acknowledgement letters and phone calls.
- Assist with donor data management by creating lists, queries, and reports for mailings, publications, emails, and donor stewardship activities.
- Support timely and accurate production of fundraising analysis reports for use by leadership, development staff, committees, and Board members.
5. Work closely with Finance Department to ensure accurate recording and timely reconciliation of all gifts and reports, especially during monthly and fiscal year-end closing and audit.
Annual Fund, Major Gift and Event Support
- Assist with and help grow TLC Stewards monthly donor program with regular stewardship and cultivation.
2. Provide important collaboration with TLC’s annual fund program, online donation and special gift campaigns.
- Work closely with staff to implement a Moves Management system by maintaining accurate information and serving as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and making connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
Project Management and Coordination
- Coordinate projects in an organized and timely manner including solicitation and stewardship mailings; fundraising and donor appreciation events; preparing materials for meetings, conferences, and events.
- Retrieve and distribute mail promptly (from office and PO Box), monitor and process PO Box renewal, business reply mail permit and reimbursement.
- Assist with workplace giving program management including managing application process and participation plan administration. Support and organize workplace giving event commitments.
- Coordinate with Development staff to ensure alignment between program goals and delivery of member benefits. Participate in developing, implementing and tracking department goals.
- Maintain an organized supply of development specific materials, inventory and order general office supplies, act as primary in-office recipient of office deliveries, and provide timely notification to relevant staff.
Essential Experience, Technical Skills and Competencies
· BA/BS or equivalent education and/or experience.
· Demonstrated data entry experience. The Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM program experience preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze, and synthesize information to create accurate reports and lists.
· Strong organizational, analytical skills. High degree of focus and attention to detail.
· High proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook required. Word Press and MailChimp experience desired.
· Detail and deadline‐oriented: You are attentive to details, generally get it right the first time, but invite input from other staff. You are accountable.
· Go getter: You are mature, supportive, and dependable, can easily shift back and forth from working autonomously to working collaboratively, and desire to undertake new and varied projects and responsibilities.
· Flexible and capable: You manage changing priorities with ease and get the job done. You take projects from start to finish and anticipate changes in schedules.
· Process‐oriented: You are efficient with setting up and maintaining systems to create high quality work in collaboration with others.
· Great communicator: You have excellent proofreading skills. You demonstrate poise, diplomacy, and tact when appropriate, but have a natural tendency toward sharing joy, inspiration, excitement, and passion.
· Team player: You actively support a culture where people encourage each other and work together to succeed and/or celebrate the successes of others. You ask for help when you need it and also pitch in to support others.
· Has a strong understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and a commitment to noticing how our work can be more equitable and supporting those efforts.
Excellent benefits to include medical, dental, vision, paid annual leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a single PDF with your cover letter, resume, and list of three references (who will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview). Save your application file as: LastName_FirstInitial_TLC (e.g. Carson_R_TLC.pdf).
Please use Development Associate as the subject and email your application to: HR@triangleland.org
Application deadline: August 26, 2018. No phone calls please.
Triangle Land Conservancy prohibits any discrimination in carrying on its mission on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. This includes all programs, projects, events and any other related activity sponsored by TLC.
TLC’s commitment to diversity extends to all levels of our organization and is endorsed, implemented, and monitored by our Officers, Board of Directors, and Staff.