Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Coordinator
- Job posted by San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate Program
Details: Starting salary depends on experience.
2535 Mission Street
Employer: San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate Program
Position: Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Coordinator
Status: Full-time non-exempt
Posted: July 25, 2018; reposted September 18, 2018, open until filled
Who are we?
The San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate Program (SFCASA) empowers community members to lift up the voice of a foster child in court and in the community. We recruit, train and provide ongoing support to community volunteers serving as mentors, advocates, and officers of the court to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in the foster care system. Through the consistent, personal attention our volunteers give young people in foster care, SFCASA provides hope, stability and opportunities to cultivate positive change for young people. Want to know more? Find out at www.sfcasa.org.
What will you do?
SFCASA seeks a proactive and thoughtful Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Coordinator to increase and diversify our volunteer base and celebrate our incredible volunteers. The ideal candidate is an experienced recruiter, with capacity to woo people to an organization and rigorously evaluate their aptitude for available roles. They are able to make a great pitch, while also being trauma-informed and knowledgeable about motivational interviewing techniques. The Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Coordinator is experienced in collecting, evaluating and exercising discretion around personal and confidential background check information for volunteer candidates, staff and board members. The ideal candidate loves people and data – they enjoy connecting with volunteers, colleagues and community partners, while also maintaining excellent data sets to track progress and predict next steps. They will serve as an ambassador of SFCASA, representing the organization to the public, partners and donors. This position reports directly to the Training Manager.
- Undertake community outreach to identify and recruit a diverse, qualified group of volunteer advocates
- Coordinate and facilitate orientation sessions for interested volunteers and equip a team of seasoned CASA Advocates to support orientations, events, and other recruitment and organizational efforts
- Screen volunteer applicants for their ability to be successful in the CASA volunteer role, and equip colleagues to do the same
- Create and maintain detailed, accurate records for our volunteers on the program database, including up-to-date background check information
- Be a significant member of SFCASA’s Recruitment Team, providing key data and collaborating on recruitment strategy, marketing and communications
- Contribute to ongoing support of volunteers by organization of volunteer recognition programs, special events, and volunteer communications
Who are you?
- You have experience in the social services sector. This isn’t your first round in a social justice-oriented organization. You bring knowledge of different systems that converge on people’s lives and deep empathy.
- You are an effective communicator. You tailor communication to meet the needs of individuals, actively listen to those around you, and bring creativity to conveying a message.
- You want to meet people’s interest. When someone reaches out, you respond quickly and effectively so that they can engage with our work, and you champion opportunities for individuals to partner with the organization.
- You are a logistics whiz. You like coordinating the details, whether it’s finding a space to meet in or setting a schedule with multiple stakeholders, you like to find solutions for things to come together.
- You are flexible. You are up for shifting your hours to accommodate an evening orientation session and you are ready to pitch in with a project that needs your skillset or an extra hand.
Nice to have:
- Strong working knowledge of community resources, strengths and challenges to increase volunteer engagement in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area
- Spanish-English bilingual communication skills
- Experience with FormAssembly and Salesforce
Ready to join SFCASA? Apply now!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and seek to bring our value of cultural humility to our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. SFCASA will consider qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SFCASA offers a robust benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance; a 403(b) retirement savings fund; flexible spending plans; and generous vacation and sick leave and paid holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish-English bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references in one PDF file via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer Coordinator Open Position” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls or site visits. This position will remain open until filled; complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.
San Francisco CASA is an equal opportunity employer.