Title: Coordinator, Individual and Major Giving
Department: External Relations - Individual and Major Giving
Reports to: Director, Individual and Major Giving
Locations: 39 Broadway – Lower Manhattan
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Food Bank’s Coordinator of Individual and Major Giving works with a collegial team to help increase funding revenue and provide excellent stewardship to Food Bank’s individual donors. The Coordinator plays a vital role in donor relations, gift acknowledgement, and enhancing data quality and database content.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the leadership of the Director of Individual and Major Giving, the Coordinator of Individual and Major Giving will:
Donor Relations (60%):
- Field all calls and emails through the donor services line;
- Responsible for Food Bank’s individual giving acknowledgement process, including timely and proper acknowledgement of all gifts $1,000 and above, custom acknowledgements for leadership gifts, and special initiatives for targeted donor segments;
- Monitor incoming gifts for new major donor prospects and recommend next steps for cultivation/stewardship;
- Assist in stewardship activities including thank you call and personalized notes.
Administrative Support (30%):
- Ensure that senior staff are supported in their donor relations work, providing reminders, materials, and draft communications, as well as assisting with briefings, appointment scheduling, and call reports;
- Work with senior staff to conceive, draft, and edit individual giving program materials, including proposals, presentations, and reports;
- Coordinate staff and create materials for donor cultivation and fundraising events;
Fundraising Operations (10%):
- Work to ensure data integrity of all individual donor records, ensuring all coding, activity and strategy information is current, and proactively seeking out potential problems and improvements;
- Perform data updates and assist with data quality and enhancement projects in Raiser’s Edge;
- Perform all other duties as directed by the Director, Individual and Major Giving.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 2-3 Years of professional experience in non-profit development or similar area is a plus
- Raiser's Edge experience strongly preferred; experience with comparable fundraising database required;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with a proven reputation for high attention to detail and follow through;
- Ability to manage work against hard deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence and personal and professional maturity;
- Ability to analyze large sets of data with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Raiser’s Edge or comparable database
- Event planning, Direct Mail, or Online Fundraising experience a plus;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Raiser’s Edge or comparable database; and
- Commitment to social justice/hunger issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to Food Bank’s core values
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please kindly submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you.