40 West 20th St., 6th floor
The Finance Associate, reporting to the Manager of Finance, is part of the Finance team, which provides institutional financial management in addition to student-facing financial services for the overall organization. This individual will be supporting institutional financial management. As the Finance Associate gains exposure to the financial operations at Relay and gains experience working within a fast-paced, dynamic, and expanding institution, she or he will be positioned for future leadership opportunities at Relay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate our daily Accounts Payable operations including vendor bill entry, payment generation, and maintenance of organized records.
- Administer our employee credit cards and expense reimbursements, ensuring adequate purchase records are maintained and purchases adhere to our fiscal policies.
- Perform monthly accounting activities and reconciliations for fixed assets, prepaids, accruals and suspense accounts, making general journal entries to the ledger where necessary.
- Leverage your exceptional eye for detail to maintain organized, accurate and secure accounting records and backup at all times, performing rigorous quality control checks and account reconciliation projects with accuracy.
- Collaborate with Finance team to produce backup materials and schedules for yearly audits
- Support the Finance team in resolving or investigating inquiries from employees and vendors.
- Collaborate with Payroll Manager to maintain payroll information systems; including but not limited to: the collection, calculation, and entering of payroll data.
- Review and monitor all consultant payments not on payroll to ensure compliance with compensation policies and procedures.
- Be the expert on 1099 reporting compliance, including performing rigorous vendor eligibility review and preparation of annual 1099 forms.
- Identify areas of inefficiency within the Finance team and collaborate to improve
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the application on our website (direct link above)