Georgetown University is a leading employer in the Washington, DC metropolitan area that offers employees the opportunity to work with the most dynamic individuals in a caring, diverse and intellectually stimulating environment. Our staff and faculty contribute in a variety of ways to the exciting work being done on campus, in the nation's capital, and throughout the world.
Hoya Kids Learning Center is a child development and preschool facility caring for children of students, faculty and staff of Georgetown University. Dedicated to providing the highest quality child care in a safe, nurturing and loving environment, Hoya Kids fulfills a key component of Georgetown's educational mission to weave family needs into the fabric of the University community.
We are seeking a qualified, caring, and professional Teacher to provide care and early childhood education in one of our Todder classrooms. These children are 18 months to 3 years old. Responsibilities include all aspects of managing the classroom; this includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing a safe, healthy, nurturing, and stimulating environment by facilitating developmentally appropriate activities that reflect the Emergent Curriculum philosophy of the classroom.
- Completing formal and informal assessments on each child that inform and guide curriculum development for individuals and small groups.
- Developing and maintaining mutually supportive relationships with individual family members that enable both families and teachers to meet each child’s individual needs.
- Ensuring classroom compliance with Center policies, licensing, and accreditation requirements.
- Ensuring basic Center and classroom maintenance by washing dishes, preparing snack, changing diapers, cleaning up in the classrooms and on the playground, and other related duties as assigned.
- Maintaining overall responsibility for classroom functioning
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field.
- Experience working with young children in a high quality early childhood group setting.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent (36 credit hours) in early childhood education or related field, plus three years related experience, or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Computer proficiency to include word processing, email, and use of digital photography.
- An enthusiasm for teaching young children, an appreciation for each child's individuality, and an ability to stimulate a child's natural creativity and curiosity.
- An understanding of the needs of working parents and an ability to collaborate for the benefit of the children.
Mandatory background checks and drug screening will be conducted prior to employment. Employees are subject to periodic renewal background checks, and random drug and alcohol screenings throughout their employment.
This is a full time position with the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Georgetown University offers attractive benefits, including a tuition assistance plan. We encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume online.
Minimum Education Required