Health Insurance Benefits Navigator-Spanish Speaking Preferred
2830 Churchville Road
Seedco is a non-profit organization providing program management for 10 counties with the Maryland Health Exchange. We are seeking a full time Navigator for Harford County. Navigators execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services, and conduct referrals between relevant entities, working with a team of one to four other Navigators and reporting directly to a Regional Associate. This position has benefits; see listing and apply on Zip Recruiter..
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Complete State of Maryland Navigator training course and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits;
- Conduct marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options through Maryland Health Connection and the Connector Program;
- Work independently, travelling throughout their assigned territory providing services in various locations as needed.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality;
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes; and
- Provide assistance and data entry for plan enrollment in the Maryland Connector Program.
- Achieve performance targets, working closely with the Regional Associate and others to identify and overcome challenges.
- Bachelor degree required or equivalent experience; 2+ years’ related experience;
- Excellent computer skills; including familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to browse the Web comfortably; experience with database software a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills a must;
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to put clients at ease while asking sensitive and personal questions;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data-driven environment and a proven track record of achieving performance targets is preferred; and
- Knowledge on Health Care options preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
· Ability to travel throughout assigned territory as required
· Ability to work remotely with portable equipment
· Some evening and weekend work is required
This position will receive supervision from the Regional Associate in this region
Full benefit package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide a cover letter and resume identifying Spanish speaking skills if applicable.