Details: Commensurate with experience
875 Avenue of the Americas
Visit our website for the FULL Job Description: www.AdvocatesForPregnantWomen.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2018
NAPW seeks an experienced Part-time Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for planning, directing and controlling all accounting and financial functions of the organization. The CFO serves as NAPW’s primary spokesperson for all fiscal matters and is responsible for the management and administration of all aspects of the daily operations of the organization’s finance department. The CFO is responsible for preparing and overseeing NAPW budgets and budget projections, preparing and presenting financial statements and development of fiscal operations.
The CFO is accountable for short and long-range financial and capital plans and for evaluating NAPW’s financial condition in support of the organization’s strategic and operational objectives. The CFO is responsible for managing debt and financing options and will be present and active in Board meetings as well as serving as the primary staff lead on the Finance Committee of the Board. S/He/They also works collaboratively with the Deputy Director for Operations and CHRO, providing advice and executive oversight as needed to ensure that the areas of operations, development, technology and HR are operating at maximum thoroughness and efficiency, and in concert with the strategic and operational needs and directives of the ED and the organization by extension.
The CFO reports directly to the Executive Director (ED) and serves as a thought leader and strategic business advisor to the ED regarding key organizational and management issues. The CFO is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) which is comprised of the ED, CHRO, Deputy Director for Operations, and the Director of Legal Advocacy. The CFO works closely with the Board of Directors and advises the Board and SMT on all strategic and tactical matters relating to financial strategy and status, risk management and compliance, short-term and long-term planning.
The successful candidate is an outstanding leader and contemporary thinker who possesses substantive knowledge of non-profit administrative business management, accounting principles and organizational skills. S/He/They will reinforce a culture of measurement, accountability and service and will actively lead and participate in influencing organizational direction, growth, strategic planning, and financial forecasting as a member of the SMT.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Board Interaction
- Grants Management and reporting
- Strategy & Budgeting
- Audit Management
MINIMUM qualifications include:
- MBA in Finance or Accounting plus a BA/BS Degree in Finance or Accounting; Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management desirable; Currently licensed CPA or Certification as CMA/CGMA highly desirable;
- 10+ years of senior management-level experience with demonstrated success leading the finance function in a complex, non-profit accounting environment with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a CFO;
- Knowledge and understanding of general business matters required including budget development, financial reporting, cash management, business taxes, banking and debt financing instruments;
- Strong and expansive background in executive management, particularly financial and operational management, in-depth knowledge of accounting rules and IRS regulations specifically relating to nonprofit organizations of similar type and size; experience managing private foundation grants;
- Demonstrated fiduciary experience, ability to strategically analyze financial data, both at an overall organizational level as well as the detailed project/program levels and communicate that data to inform organizational strategy and development;
- Strong manager with emphasis on team building, staff empowerment and career development, timely delivery, attention to detail, and prioritizing work flow to meet critical deadlines;
- Ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of budget constraints;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to identify and implement process improvements, system upgrades and solutions;
- Skilled and experienced practitioner of working with Boards and Board Committees;
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues with demonstrated success in full management of the complete non-profit annual audit process;
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence;
- Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience in Mac OS platform QuickBooks, QB Pro Advisor, QB Online, Intuit Payroll, HRIS, and Development/Donor management applications. Familiarity and/or trainability in other Accounting, Payroll Processing, HRIS (e.g. Paychex, ADP-Run, ADP Total Source, MIP, Fund-EZ, Network for Good, Raiser’s Edge, 4D);
- Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience in a variety of Mac OS computer software applications, social media platforms, and databases (e.g. MS Office Suite, GoogleDocs, Zoom, Google Hangout, Skype, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube).
Medical; Dental; Vision; Life/AD&D; FSA; Transit; 403b
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE HIRE. APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2018
REQUIRED SUBMISSIONS (MUST INCLUDE ALL ITEMS LISTED BELOW):
- Cover Letter which must include all of the following elements:
a) Your personal & professional motivation for seeking this position.
b) A discussion of what makes you the ideal/best candidate for this position.
c) Explain how your skill sets and experience best demonstrate your strategic approach.
d) Explain how your strategic approach would help support and advance NAPW's mission and work.
e) Salary Requirement.
f) Indicate where you found this Job Announcement.
3 Complete contact information for three professional references.
INSTRUCTIONS: NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES PLEASE.
All submissions must be sent VIA EMAIL ONLY To: NAPWjobs@AdvocatesForPregnantWomen.org
SUBJECT: ATTN: Human Resources – NAPW Chief Financial Officer (September 2018)