Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work, Bay Cove Human Services is a private, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide variety of services to individuals and their families who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction. We have a wide variety of programs available to our clients including residential services, employment support, and day habilitation programs. Bay Cove's 2,000 highly trained employees serve more than 20,000 individuals and their families each year at more than 160 different program sites throughout Greater Boston and southeastern Massachusetts.
Outpatient Clinic Director - Gill Mental Health Clinic (Gill Mental Health Clinic, Jamaica Plain)
Schedule: M-F 9a-5p with flexibility
- The Outpatient Clinic Director provides administrative oversight of the Outpatient Clinic and creates, directs, and implements its policies and procedures.
- The Outpatient Clinic Director is responsible for the day to day management of the clinical services which include outpatient psychiatry as well as outpatient therapy delivered to adults with mental health challenges.
- The Outpatient Clinic Director contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by ensuring the services delivered at the Outpatient Clinic are consistent with the agency goal of partnering with Persons to work towards personal goals in order to achieve greater independence and improved quality of life.
- Essential Job Duties: Oversee the delivery of high quality, timely, professional outpatient clinical services including intake, assessment, treatment planning, counseling, and psychopharmacological services.
- Act as the site lead for the Boston CCBHC and work in collaboration with the Program Director to assist with planning, implementation, and oversight of the operation of the Boston CCBHC, an innovative, integrated, patient-centered project, and ensure compliance with all grant requirements, licensing requirements, and ethical protocols Maintain a client caseload and provide individual and group therapy to clients to meet designated productivity requirements.
- Oversee provider and staff scheduling, staff management, client flow, client satisfaction, budget management, personnel management and development, and ensuring compliance with Bay Cove policies and protocols.
- Ensure employee hiring, credentialing, orientation, ongoing performance appraisal and supervision occur in a manner consistent with agency and payor standards.
- Ensure timely clinical documentation fulfilling requisite standards regarding medical necessity and description of services related to the treatment plan and/or any crisis concerns.
- Ensure that Multidisciplinary Team Reviews, Utilization Reviews and Peer Reviews occur for all needed services as well as directing and coordinating the completion of documentation necessary for successful 3rd party billing.
- Responsible for ongoing quality assurance and improvement activities related to payor site visits, accreditation, and Agency or Departmental (DPH and/or DMH) standards Liaison with Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) and other Bay Cove programs to ensure maximization of organizational access, coordination and support is provided.
- Utilize recovery-oriented language and principles in all communication and interactions with Persons, colleagues, and collaterals.
- Maintain compliance with industry standards and health care laws and regulations.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field required.
- LICSW, LMHC, or other behavioral health category which qualifies as Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts required.
- At least three years of experience providing services to adults with mental health challenges.
- At least two years of supervisory and management experience.
- Knowledge of outpatient clinic operations and standards preferred.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party regulations and processes preferred.
- High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential languages.
- Mission Traits: Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholders/ partners
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove/org/apply/index.cfm?pid=10590.
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer