Part Time Contract
439 International Blvd
The Videographer will work with the Associate Producer/Project Manager, Chief Innovation Officer and a team of consultants to shoot, edit and create an online video "mentor matrix" library that can be used in the context of relationship-based career coaching to enhance youth knowledge about tech careers and confidence in pursuing them. This career exploration tool will lift up the successes of professionals of color for youth to see. This is a new way to engage industry in the training and mentoring of a more inclusive future workforce. The video library will be part of a larger toolkit, that includes an online curriculum, research report and white paper. The finalized toolkit will be published online and shared with the wider field of workforce development agencies, community based organizations and tech companies.
The role will include participating in a user centered design training with the wider team to co-create a design plan for the project. The videographer will shoot footage and assist in editing. The videographer will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. They will transport, set up, and operate equipment; and assist with staging, set preparation and dressing. The videographer will work closely with the creative director to execute the concept through to completion. The successful candidate will have experience producing/publishing video content, creating media, digital storytelling and creating online content that challenges the dominant narrative of communities of color in the media. Successful candidates will have a zest for using tech as a tool for social change, social media, Google Docs and other tools.
Scope of Work:
- Work with wider team to design project and propose ideas and topics for video
- Participate in content production meetings
- Assist in the content development and message strategy
- Utilize video script writing fundamentals
- Set and maintain a production schedule prior to shoot
2. Field Video Production:
- Records material for content using professional video cameras and still cameras
- Follows production schedule collaborating with clients for revisions as needed
- Sets up shoot including lighting, sound and other technical details
- Collects b-roll footage of as well as interviews
3. Video Post Production Skills:
- Create 7 - 10, 10 minute shorts from concept to post production
- Performs non-linear editing using Final Cut or Adobe Premiere software
- Designs after effects as needed including motion graphics, layout, and animation (optional)
- Prepare video for multimedia formats including web, and other digital distribution medium
- Ensure that all videos meet the needs of a varying audience of ability through the use of captioning and other forms as needed
- Encode and archive online videos
- Experience with advanced multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Exceptional core video-journalism skills, including a high command of video, sound, camera, lights, computers and software used to produce visual and audio journalism is required.
- Knowledge of social media and how to engage audiences on digital platforms in the public space is essential to this role.
- The Videographer must demonstrate a high command of video techniques through sophisticated craftsmanship.
- Competency in videography principles from scripting through final editing and show proficiency with branding guidelines using video motion software such as Motion, and or After Effects, Premiere and Final Cut Pro in an Apple Mac environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge of non-broadcast video equipment Apple Mac editing environment knowledge and experience
- A full knowledge of digital production processes
- An in-depth understanding of both technical and creative processes
- A pro-active approach to new creative opportunities
- Significant industry experience
- Impressive communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to liaising with clients
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Alignment with Hack the Hood's mission and values
- Strong personal integrity, maturity, credibility
Hack the Hood also seeks a Producer - if you are interested in both roles, please state that in your proposal.
Work will be in Oakland, with sme on-location shooting around the Bay area.
Physical Characteristics: This position requires sitting for long periods of time, as well as some bending and stooping when filming and working with files. This position does have some limited lifting involved but not more than 20 pounds at a time. Quite a bit of finger/hand dexterity is involved in regards to operating cameras, typing and/or filing.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, portfolio link and references to email@example.com with Contract: Videographer in the subject line