Program Director - Addiction Services - Treatment Center
Boston, MA, USA Req #217
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive and safe medical detoxification for adults with a chemical addiction, and to encourage and provide aftercare planning for any client requiring and accepting this service. This is to be provided in a respectful and compassionate manner, through individualized medical, psychological and educational interventions.
The Program Director will:
- Recruit, interview and hire appropriate applicants for management/supervisory position;
- Provide weekly (and more frequently as needed) supervision for all managers;
- Prepare and present performance evaluations to all managers;
- Preside over weekly management and monthly staff meetings;
- Define with staff, consumers and community participators, the scope, purposes and philosophy of the Methadone Treatment and Out Patient Counseling program and for translating this into appropriate policies and procedures;
- Delegate responsibility for various program components to competent staff members, defining tasks and job descriptions for each portion'
- Set up effective systems for administration, treatment, referrals, discharge, follow-up;
- Oversee effective financial management procedures, quality assurance review, in-service staff training, clients rights and confidentiality;
- Plan, outline and organize the program's goals and objectives Initiate and maintain program relations with agencies of Community and Mental Health;
- Attract new and/or supplementary funds to support program activities;
- Prepare reports/proposals as required by local, state and federal authorities;
- Participate in clinical tasks including intake evaluation, on-going individual and group treatment, case presentations, supervision, consultation, and education both within the clinic and the community; Coordinate and oversee the quarterly review of client charts
- Professional Qualifications: LICSW preferred with a minimum of five years of clinical experience; Considerable (minimum five years) administrative experience in a community social action program, addictions treatment facility, urban planning group or related training;
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal funding sources for substance abuse treatment and control programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge about community health and mental health agencies and criminal justice institutions which service persons with substance abuse issues;
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, critically evaluate and interpret theoretical and empirical research studies of substance abuse and related medical, psychological and sociological issues
Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.