1777 North Valley Road
Valley Forge Educational Services (VFES) is a nonprofit organization providing educational programs and clinical services in support of our mission — to prepare children and adults with special needs to realize their potential as contributing members of the community.
As VFES enters the initial phase of our capital campaign, we seek to build our Development team with the addition of an Assistant Director. In this new role, the Assistant Director of Development will be responsible for supporting strategic initiatives to expand the organization’s fundraising revenue. Primary responsibilities include: cultivating individual donors and foundations; preparing funding requests; assisting with various donor communications; and planning and executing stewardship events, donor recognition activities and personal visits. The Assistant Director will also support other development efforts including the annual appeal and Community Day. Additional details can be found on our website (www.vfes.net).
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit, educational organization serving children and adults with special needs.
- Experience with grant identification, research, writing, and stewardship of private foundations and corporations.
- Experience with major gift solicitation of individual donors for new programs, capacity building and capital campaign experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills. Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This is a full-time, year-round position with full benefits:
- paid health & dental insurance for staff members
- generous paid time off including sick, personal, vacation, and paid holidays
- tuition reimbursement beginning with $2000 in the first year
- 9% employer contribution to retirement plan provided the staff member contributes 2%
Additional benefits are found on our website.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to:
US Mail: VFES, Attn: Human Resources, 1777 N. Valley Road, Malvern, PA 19355