Details: $15-$20 per hour depending on salary history and experience
300 North Queen Street
Background: Families Moving Forward was created in 2016 after the successful merger of Genesis Home and Durham Interfaith Hospitality Network. The merger was a natural development after 20 years of collaborative work to end family homelessness in Durham. FMF serves approximately 75-85 families per year at its facility near downtown providing case management and programming while guests are in the 21 unit family shelter and “aftercare” support after families secure permanent housing. Our case management and programming works to help each family find sustainable sources of income, quickly move into safe, affordable housing, address the root causes of homelessness, break the cycle of poverty, and provide life skills development and enrichment activities for parents and children. The agency has eleven full-time staff members and ten part-time staff members. More information about the agency can be found at www.fmfnc.org .
Job responsibilities: The Facility Manager is responsible for the overall appearance and operation of the building inside and out. The Manager is expected to perform minor repairs and improvement projects with the goal of creating a welcoming, safe, and healthy environment for all clients. The first priority of the Facility Manager is to make sure that client suites are well maintained and ready for move-ins, and that maintenance requests are completed in a timely manner. The Facility Manager may include evening or weekend hours as needed up to 25 hours per week. To this end, the Facility Manager is responsible for:
- Minor repairs and improvement projects throughout the building.
- Managing and supervising facility vendors who perform specialized work for the agency (i.e. telephone, HVAC, plumbing, etc.). When outside vendors are required, the Facility Manager will use the authorized vendor list or solicit three written bids from qualified vendors. Work may be authorized with fewer than three bids only with the express permission of the Executive Director.
- Facility cleaning and upkeep as appropriate. This is not a housekeeping position but the appearance of the facility is a top priority.
- Conveying facility volunteer projects to the Director of Partnerships & Programs and supervising facility volunteers during on-site projects.
- Availability for facility emergencies to ensure the safety of guests, volunteers and staff.
Qualifications: Desired qualifications include a high school degree or equivalency. Required qualifications include experience in facility maintenance and/or operations, current driver’s license, ability to lift 50 pounds and basic computer skills.
Compensation: Salary for the position will range from $15-$20 per hour depending on salary history and experience. This position is part-time up to 25 hours per week.
To Apply: Send a current resume and a cover letter including salary history to email@example.com or a hard copy to:
Families Moving Forward
Attn: Facility Manager Search
300 N. Queen St.
Durham, NC 27701
Position will be advertised until filled. No calls please. Families Moving Forward is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required