Assistant Teacher, Pre-Kindergarten Aftercare Program
- Job posted by Sunnyside Community Services, Inc.
43-31 39th Street
Salary: $16 hourly
Hours: 3:00 p.m.-6:00p.m, (September-June)
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS), a multi-service settlement house located in Western Queens, has an opportunity available for an Assistant Teacher for our After Care Pre-K Program. The SCS Youth and Family Services (YFS) department offers engaging, youth centered programming to children and youth throughout Queens and beyond. We offer a free, full day Pre-Kindergarten, after school and summer camp programs for Elementary/Middle School students, High School Programming, and Adult and Immigrant Services. Our youth development continuum spans Pre-K to College, and services are offered across seven campuses.
The Assistant Teacher position will work in our Aftercare program for our SUNNYSIDE UP Pre- Kindergarten program located at 39-01 Queens Boulevard. The Assistant Teacher will oversee the care of a group of children ages 4-year-olds.
Description of Duties:
- Ensure the safety of all program participants
- Develop lesson plans and prepare for activities in advance
- Implement of age appropriate activities
- Dismiss program participants to their designated parent and/or guardian
- Provide constant supervision to assigned groups of children
- Escort participants and/or parents to designated areas
- Maintain room and activity areas cleaned and organized
- Distribute snacks and materials to participants
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants
- Report any behavioral and/or facility issues to Program Director
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Other duties as assigned that pertain to program operations
- At least a High School diploma.
- Associate’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Hold a valid Level 1 or higher NYS Teaching Assistant certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
***If interested please send your resume to Anna Jakimiuk-Chu, Pre-K Director at AJakimiuk-Chu@scsny.org***
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer