575 Eighth Avenue
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City’s most vulnerable residents – people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our “housing first” approach Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-for-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients and supporters.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Development and Communications Associate's duties include:
- Coordinate gift processing and maintenance of the Department database including: data entry, creating new records, entering revisions and updates, adding notes and actions, coding gifts, drafting and sending donor acknowledgements, generating mailing lists, running queries and reports, and filing all donor documentation and correspondence.
- Manage in-kind donations and oversee the storage and distribution of these gifts.
- Serve as liaison to Finance Department. Submit all gift documentation to the Finance Department and ensure reconciliation.
- Manage logistics, vendors, data and correspondence for events including the annual Gala, corporate volunteer events, donor events and staff appreciation events.
- Work with the Director to generate reports including: gift reports, donor histories, quarterly reports for the Board of Directors and Associate Board, and other reports as requested.
- Communicate with Board members in support of events, appeals and solicitations; regarding updating their peer lists; and in response to requests and inquiries.
- Serve as the day-to-day liaison to the Associate Board. Provide information, support events and projects, and arrange and attend all Associate Board meetings and committee meetings.
- Manage appeals and solicitations including coordinating mailings and tracking responses.
- Serve as the task supervisor for Departmental interns in accordance with the workload and goals developed by the Director.
- Participate in the foundation and corporate giving program by conducting prospect research, sending correspondence, generating reports and providing support to the Director.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in ongoing training and professional development.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years related experience preferred
- Experience with Raisers Edge or another donor management database required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders (i.e., colleagues, donors, and volunteers)
- Occasionally required to work a flexible schedule including evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to use public transportation to various locations throughout the City
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Commitment to Urban Pathways’ mission
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Urban Pathways is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Urban Pathways offers an attractive benefits package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid holiday, vacation, sick and personal leave benefits
- Health and Dental Plans
- A 403(b) Tax Sheltered-Annuity Plan
- An employer contribution Defined Contribution Profit Sharing Plan (ERISA 404(c))
- NYS Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Supplemental Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please check out our Career Opportunities at