1003 Allendale Road
West Palm Beach
FAMILY PROMISE NORTH/CENTRAL PALM BEACH COUNTY, INC.
CASE MANAGER ASSOCIATE
General Description of Position
The Case Manager Associate is responsible for providing direct guest (client) services support designed to move guest families through the Family Promise Program and into permanent housing under the guidance of the Family Service Coordinator.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job duties and responsibilities are as assigned by the Family Service Coordinator and may include, but are not limited to:
· Screening of prospective program guests using telephone and in-person interviews with oversight by Family Service Coordinator.
· Perform guest intake process to include orientation into the program, needs assessment, and development of an individual case plan with oversight by Family Service Coordinator.
· Direct and assist guests in Day Center tasks including guest compliance with maintaining Day Center and Transportation Van policies and procedures. Including, but not limited to, guest access to computers and sending facsimiles; adhering to family room, shower and laundry room procedures and standards; guest cleaning/chores as assigned; and other required guest compliance standards.
· Conduct weekly case management meetings with each guest family to review case plan, track progress, set goals, address issues and concerns, and provide guidance, education, information, and needed resource referrals.
· Ensure compliance of all guests with program guidelines and report violations to Family Service Coordinator for immediate follow-up.
· Maintain case notes on all guest families in a timely manner.
· Assist Family Service Coordinator or other staff with organizing and conducting programs, activities, and specialized services for In-Network guest and/or Family Promise graduates.
· Provide on-call, after hour’s coverage as assigned.
· Attend meetings, as assigned, with collaborative social service partners to present Family Promise information and gather resource information for Family Promise staff and guests.
· Provide report (basic update on current families) for monthly Coordinator’s Meetings.
· Participate in trainings and educational opportunities, as recommended, to become more proficient in job.
· Assist other staff in providing training for host volunteers as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Active Listening - Exceptional ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Monitoring - Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself and other individuals.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
· Minimum of an associate degree in human services/social services and/or related field with courses/training in: psychology, counseling and interviewing, psychotherapy theory and practice, human growth and development, teaching and learning-related courses, or a combination of human services-related pre-social work major or pre-education major courses and training.
· Demonstrated experience in problem solving, crisis intervention, and knowledge of local community resources.
· Work and or life experience which contribute to maturity, sensitivity to others and motivation to work in a helping profession.
· Valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, good driving record.
· Level II background check and drug screen required.
· Strong computer software and internet skills.
· Documentation and maintenance of accurate records.
· Possess a superior ability to work with a variety of people, including providing support and motivation to others.
Supervision: The Case Manager Associate is directed by the Family Service Coordinator and supervised by the Executive Director.
Hours: Must maintain a weekly time sheet of all hours worked which must be turned in to Executive Director in order to be paid. The hours required of this position may fluctuate on a weekly basis.
Minimum Education Required