About HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
As Board Liaison, you’ll work closely with the Board Chair, Board Members, and the CEO to ensure that all governance matters are handled smoothly and effectively. You’ll be responsible for supporting all administrative aspects of the Board including board and committee meeting preparation, new member onboarding, Board chair support, Board communication, and preparation for and coordination of all Board and committee meetings. You’ll work with staff across the organization to ensure that the Board is highly effective in carrying out its essential duties and governance responsibilities and is able to attract and develop the highest caliber candidates to serve as members.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Helping the CEO, Chief of Staff, Board Chair, and Chairs of Board Committees in shaping an agenda for all board meetings.
- Planning and execution, including taking minutes, for Board meetings, committee meetings and conference calls, and post-Board meeting debriefs between directors and senior leadership.
- Creating and distributing all Board-related materials including meeting notices and details, extensive briefing materials, presentations, minutes, and ongoing communications.
- Administering and analyzing the Board self-assessment survey with an emphasis on continuous improvement in Board effectiveness.
- Actively participating in the onboarding of new Board members, officers, and committee chairs.
- Building and maintaining strong and productive relationships with a wide variety of diverse stakeholders including the Board and Board Committee Chairs and their staff, all Board members and their staff, the HELP Leadership Team, and other key leaders.
- Analyzing and tracking follow-up items and generating reports and materials as needed.
- At least five years' experience in an Executive Administrative Assistant role, with Board management as well as meeting and event coordination experience preferred.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, bringing forward ideas that add value and accelerate continuous improvement in effective governance and strategy.
- Outstanding and precise oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to offer dissenting points of view in consistently constructive and positive ways.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff while fostering cross-functional collaboration and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a commitment to detail.
- Advanced computer literacy, specifically with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Flexibility in terms of emerging and evolving responsibilities.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.