The budget director is responsible for process improvements, systems automation, and the overall budget process for the agency. This position oversees payroll to integrate payroll with the overall budget process.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the CFO, Director of Finance and Program Leadership to coordinate the agencies budget process.
- Works with the Director of Payroll to build a position coding system and streamline payroll and financial reporting.
- Works with the CFO to analyze processes to offer suggestions for streamlining, automation and improvement.
- Supports the financial system transition in conjunction with the CFO.
- Works with other members of the finance team to support the financial close as needed.
- Develops policies and procedures as needed.
- Works with the CFO to consolidate and prepare the board reporting package.
- Meets with program directors on a quarterly basis or more frequently (if needed) to review budgets against performance, analyze variances and suggest modifications as needed.
- Works and reports on benchmarks and KPI’s as assigned by the CFO
- Manages and supports the financial systems and reports as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
Payroll Director, Payroll Manager and Financial Analyst
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or relevant experience.
- 5+ years working within the finance function for a complex non-profit organization.
- Working knowledge of the payroll operations.
- 5+ years of staff supervision.
- Working knowledge of accounting and general ledger analysis.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of excel and accounting packages.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet stringent deadlines
- Working knowledge of Paycom and or other payroll reporting systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion, initiative, and good and independent judgment