Details: Compensation/Benefits: Salary depending on experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance with retirement plan. Parking provided.
1145 Wilshire Boulevard
Position Summary: Advancing Justice-LA seeks an experienced and results-oriented finance executive to help optimize and strengthen the internal capacity of a complex, high-impact organization with an annual budget of $11 million. This position requires strong technical financial skills and planning, decision-making, and supervision experience. The Director of Finance will be expected to recommend and implement high-level systems changes involving finances and budgeting, as well as handle day-to-day fiscal issues as needed, including supervising two accounting staff. The Director of Finance will advise the executive management team (Executive Director and Vice-Presidents) on financial and budgeting issues related to the management of the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversee financial operations including organizational budget and supervision of accounting staff.
• Provide guidance to executive management team to make strategic decisions on leveraging available resources to meet organizational goals.
• Work with development team on proposal budgets and to secure resources to support and grow agency functions.
• Assess, evaluate, and re-design as needed the current financial and budgeting systems to ensure they meet non-profit best practices and support the needs of a complex and growing organization.
• Work with board finance and audit committees as well as key staff, as well as external auditors for annual independent audit.
• MBA, CPA or relevant undergraduate degree;
• At least seven to ten years of overall professional experience in financial management related to and described in the “Responsibilities and Duties” section;
• Proven ability to work with complex financial environment, supervise accounting staff, and produce impactful financial reports;
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with non-profit accounting and financial management systems, methods and tools;
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex projects and multiple, competing priorities on various timelines;
• Experience in developing and implementing systems changes preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, including ability to manage differences in a proactive and constructive manner;
• Demonstrated leadership and skills in strategic thinking/planning, as well as ability to step in and perform administrative tasks;
• Commitment to immigrant communities and social justice preferred;
• Willingness and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed; and
• California driver’s license, insurance, and access to a car required.
Agency Description: Asian Americans Advancing Justice - LA (Advancing Justice-LA) is the nation’s largest Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) legal and civil rights organization and serves more than 15,000 individuals and organizations every year. Founded in 1983, Advancing Justice-LA’s mission is to advocate for civil rights, provide legal services and education, and build coalitions to positively influence and impact Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders and to create a more equitable and harmonious society. Advancing Justice-LA seeks to serve the most vulnerable members of the AANHPI communities while also building a strong AANHPI voice for civil rights and social justice. Advancing Justice-LA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: Applicants should send a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, resume, and at least 3 professional references to: email@example.com. NO PHONE INQUIRIES.