The Digital Communications Associate creates and executes a strategic, influential and dynamic digital engagement program, while placing a heavy emphasis on brand management to consistently articulate Community Justice Action Fund’s mission to end violence in Black and Brown communities. This role is responsible for managing all digital communication activities from social media, emails, website and video content.
- Create and implement a dynamic earned and digital communications plan for CJAF
- Represent core values of CJAF through creative messaging, collateral, and campaigns.
- Manage all social media platforms daily (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Manage publishing calendar of social media content daily, and be responsible for planning out its weekly and monthly calendar.
- Grow digital reach through increased followers, impressions and online interactions
- Stay on the pulse of trends across social media platforms to identify opportunities for engagement and growth.
- Diversify creative content portfolio through creation and execution of new video and film projects.
- Track Social media efforts and make recommendations that lead to measurable action with its audiences.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of online collateral including, but not limited to social media content, newsletters, and CJAF’s website.
- Serve as a thought partner to the Executive Director as it relates to the development and execution of the digital strategy.
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met.
- Collaborate with other CJAF’s team members on projects, as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a social media, digital or communications program for a non-profit, business or brandMust be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience managing and executing across different media platforms
- Willing to execute day-to-day tasks and work independently
- Capable leader, manager and coach for board, intern or volunteer talent
- Good entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”