Senior Technical Advisor / Deputy Director – Overdose Prevention Project
- Job posted by Vital Strategies
Vital Strategies, based in New York City, is an international public health organization. We develop and oversee programs to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities. Our specific programs include road safety, obesity prevention, tobacco control, and activities to strengthen public health data systems and the use of public health data to guide policy and decision-making. Activities are based in low and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies is seeking to add expertise in drug strategy, with specific focus on overdose prevention. This work will begin initially in the United States.
- Serve on Project leadership team
- Supervise at least 3 program staff, junior and senior level
- Supervise embedded staff in state and/or local governments and/or providers
- Manage at least one sub-grant to state and/or local governments and/or providers
- Manage program reporting and related needs
- Collaborate with local stakeholders on the planning and design process for specific technical interventions in each state
- Guide and monitor the implementation process for specific technical interventions in each state
- Ensure data collection and evaluation tools are implemented with fidelity and consistency
- Lead stakeholder meetings and deliver presentations, as needed
- Participate in partner meetings
- Represent the Project Director, as required
- Other duties, as assigned
Vital Strategies offers competitive compensation for full-time employees and pro-rata for part-time employees based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where Vital Strategies pays generously towards the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 15 paid vacation days (rising to 20 paid vacation days from fourth year of service and 25 from seventh year onwards), 13 paid federal holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; paid sick days; retirement savings plan; commuter benefits and basic life and personal accident insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter, including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for in the subject line. Closing date for applications is October 12, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.