ACMH, a well-respected not-for-profit which promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing is seeking a Case Manager, Scattered Site- Manhattan, Bronx, & Queens.
Function: Provides case coordination and delivers community rehabilitation services
- Conducts home visits on a regular basis for assigned case load.
- Obtains psychosocial histories and conducts functional skills assessments.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with primary provider of psychiatric care.
- Assures access to psychiatric, substance abuse and medical services, and entitlement benefits.
- Monitors client medication, including adherence and side-effects.
- Develops an individualized rehabilitation plan (Service/Support Plan) in accordance with client needs, strengths, and goals and in consultation with the treatment team and others of the client’s choice.
- Delivers community rehabilitation services according to individual need, including: Assertiveness/Self Advocacy Training, Community Integration Services/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills Training, Health Services, Medication Management Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitation Counseling, Skill Development Services, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, and Symptom Management.
- Documents client response to service, progress and regressions, and regularly updates the Service/Support Plan.
- Trains clients in safety procedures and conducts fire drills and self-preservation tests.
- Prepares residents for transition to independent living and makes necessary referrals.
- Facilitates crisis intervention in the event of an emergency.
- Staffs Emergency Cell Phone on a rotating basis.
- Maintains client charts and submits necessary notes and reports, including incident reports, in compliance with agency procedures
- Oversees maintenance of apartments, inventories furniture, and alerts program director of maintenance problems.
- Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
- Provides coverage as needed for other staff on the program team.
- Serves as “Qualified Mental Health Specialist”.
- Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: Possess a Master’s degree in psychology or a related field or a Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field with significant experience in the field.
Minimum Education Required