Development Manager (Fundraising)
636 I Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Resource Development Manager
Department: Public Relations & Communications
Supervisor Title: Director of Public Relations & Communications
Status: Full-time, Regular
Nature of the Position: Manages the direct fundraising operations for the Society and supports other non-dues resource development. Develops and fosters relationships with key external organizations, members and member firms, donors, and potential donors.
- Plans and implements all aspects of ASLA Fund direct fundraising programs, including development and targeting of solicitations, maintenance of donor databases, and donor acknowledgements.
- Works in collaboration with director and other senior staff on resource development plans, including targeting and preparation of grant proposals to support priority programs and projects.
- Cultivates relationships with external organizations and individuals to build support and obtain funding for ASLA and ASLA Fund programs. (Target organizations/individuals include ASLA firms/members, landscape architecture-related product and service providers, national and local foundations, and DC/neighborhood stakeholder organizations.)
- Coordinates fundraising and relationship-building activities with other staff and departments as needed.
- Must develop broad knowledge of ASLA, including stakeholders, programs, and priorities.
- Represents ASLA at events/meetings of external organizations as needed.
- Supports departmental and ASLA-wide planning, performance monitoring, and performance improvement processes and initiatives.
Competitive compensation and benefits package included. ASLA is a conscious leader and employer that values the work-life balance of staff through many inclusive wellness initiatives and professional development programs.
“The quality of life the benefits and work culture provides. My colleagues are also hardworking and wonderful people.”
ASLA Chapter Relations and Membership Marketing Manager
Level of Language Proficiency
Education: BA degree.
Skills: Proficiency Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent organizational skills, good judgment, and attention to detail. Ability to balance heavy workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, address changing priorities, and work well under pressure. In-depth knowledge of fundraising, donor cultivation, and grant writing tactics and techniques. Proficiency in, and experience using, donor and member databases software and systems. Microsoft Office applications. Microsoft Office applications.
Experience: Five-to-ten-years’ experience in resource development and relationship building/management. Demonstrated success at fundraising and grant writing. Knowledge of the landscape architecture profession and related design/planning issues a plus.
“Collaboration is at the heart of our work; our operations are transparent and our atmosphere is healthy and fun”
Richard Winston III
ASLA Human Resources Manager
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The American Society of Landscape Architects is the national professional association for landscape architects, representing more than 15,000 members in 49 professional chapters and 82 student chapters. The Society has a staff of 50 and annual revenues of $12.9 million. Landscape architects plan livable communities that foster active lifestyles, design green streets that manage stormwater runoff, plan cutting-edge transportation corridors that are safe for all users, and help communities prepare for and recover from natural disasters. Landscape architecture includes both iconic and neighborhood places, including commercial developments, streetscapes, green roofs, parks, civic spaces, memorials, and residential communities. The Society’s mission is to advance landscape architecture through advocacy, communication, education, and fellowship.
ASLA offers an attractive, competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance; a generous 401(k) plan; a comprehensive wellness program; and flexible schedules.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three professional references and a writing sample to HR@asla.org as a part of our standard application process. Please reference “Resources Development Manager” in the subject line of the e-mail and tell us how you learned about the career opportunity.