District of Columbia
The Accountant is a key team member of the financial and accounting operations of SOS Children's Villages USA, with responsibilities ranging from daily accounting tasks to annual regulatory compliance. She/he ensures SOS Policies and Procedures are enforced as well as maintaining accounting records according to general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Accounts Payable Processing coordinate with departments, resolve open vendor payment issues, process invoices into accounting software, and perform semi-monthly check run with positive pay. Help facilitate staff prepared expense reports and SOS-USA credit card transaction processing. Prepare year-end tax reporting (Form 1099) and maintain W-9s.
- Grant Transfers coordinate with solicitors and database team to confirm, steward transfer approvals, initiate transfers, resolve discrepancies with international affiliates, maintain records/confirmations, and tracking schedules.
- Maintain cash flow projections, payment projections, and other relevant schedules.
- Assist with monitoring of bank activities through on-line systems.
Accounting month and annual closings:
- Reconciliations assist with monthly reconciliations of cash transactions and other balance sheet accounts, as needed. Research and resolve concerns/open items and prepare relevant journal entries. Compare contributions database with accounting database to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Audit and Tax as requested, provide year-end audit and tax schedules, support prepared-by-client requests, and assist the Finance team with audit/tax coordination.
- Month End Close prepare journal entries and supporting documentation, maintain fixed asset tracking, monitor accounts, assist departments with reclassifications, and similar tasks.
- Maintain accounting records maintain vendor files, binders, and other accounting records.
- Process in-house contribution checks and update donor database, coordinate with Data Team to resolve questions, and notify relevant solicitor teams as necessary.
- Reporting assist with schedules prepared for Finance Committee/ Board of Trustees packets; prepare schedules/tables for international partner, and internal reporting of department transactional activity and key performance goals.
- Grant/Donor Reporting assist with data collection for donors/contributors, as assigned.
- Other financial reporting prepare reports needed for other financial reporting needs, including insurance audits.
Compliance & Planning:
- State Compliance manage outsourced state compliance vendor(s) and coordinate information request
- Budget provide support to the CFO and Directors to maintain and adhere to annual operating budgetary guidelines. Assist with budget templates, consolidation, and import into accounting system.
- Forecasts prepare templates and schedules for data collection and consolidation during projection and forecasting processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 1-3 years administrative and accounting experience preferably.
- In depth knowledge of Non-profit Accounting Principles is a plus.
- Must have analytical experience, be accurate and detailed oriented, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
- Must have extensive experience and skilled in the use of software programs such as Microsoft Office and Excel, Blackbaud Financial Edge, SharePoint, and/or a Donor Database background a plus.
- Ability to be self-directed and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to interact effectively among all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task.
- Affinity to the cause of SOS Children's Villages.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.