Details: Competitive BOE
401 Pacific Ave
The Academy of Alameda Special Education Teacher
The Academy is seeking a full-time, highly qualified special education teacher committed to serving a diverse student body.
Our special education teachers work as part of a dynamic team that includes close collaboration with general education teachers and support staff to deliver targeted instruction, accommodations and support services. There is a strong focus on collaborative teaching and case management (including partnering with parents/guardians).
The Academy of Alameda’s Special Education Team plays a critical role in supporting all students (but especially those who have IEPs) to be academically, socially, emotionally and behaviorally successful.
When applying for the position, please take time in your cover letter to reference your knowledge and/or experience with providing supports to student with disabilities in a mainstream classroom environment. Also, please discuss what about this particular position excites you.
An Ideal Candidate Will:
- Believe that all students can be successful at high levels and that a student’s academic success should not be determined by their race or ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, sexual preference etc.
- See the value in and thus have a strong desire to collaborate deeply with other teachers, and supporting staff members
- Have a student-focused lens and continually seek to build strong relationships with students and their families
- Be a successful teacher – strong in both subject areas who is reflective and continually wants to improve his/her practice to impact student learning
- Work hard but also have fun
- Demonstrated success in teaching at the middle school level
- Belief in AoA’s mission and philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
- Hold or are working towards mild-moderate Special Education teaching credential
- CLAD Certificated
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and participate in California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, follow the website link to our job portal on BambooHR.