1881 Park Avenue
Addicts Rehabilitation Center Fund, Inc. (ARC) located in Harlem, NY is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join its executive team. As a strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team, the CFO is expected to perform the following:
- Prepare and present monthly and annual financial statements and budget reports, actual vs. budget, and cash flow related to all funding sources including NYS OASAS, NYC HRA, Medicaid billing, and pension.
- Review and analyze monthly operations and pension financial results and provide recommendations based on actuals and projections.
- Oversee the month end close process, reviewing all closing activities including sub-ledger and general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts for accuracy, completeness.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for funders and ARC’s Board of Directors.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems to ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Hire, supervise, and develop the accounting department staff, ensure the proper functioning of all processes, systems, databases, and financial software.
- Participate in calls with funders, lenders, vendors and executive leadership team, and communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; manage preparation and support of all external audits.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements
Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA Required.
5 Years minimum experience as a CFO in a nonprofit setting.
Outstanding Knowledge and Understanding of nonprofit GAAP.
Outstanding Knowledge and Understanding of NYS OASAS reporting and 820 policies and procedures.
Outstanding experience with medicaid billing and reconciliation.
Strong communication and presentation skills.
Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
Significant experience working with external auditors and compliance related issues.
Salary 85-95K commensurate with experience for this full-time position. Excellent Benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please enter "CFO" in the subject area and email your resume with cover letter and salary requirement to: