Full Time Temporary
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Full-time, Temporary positions
Number of Open Positions: 10
Color Of Change PAC helps people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us by ensuring that Black issues are addressed by candidates looking to win with our community’s votes. As a national, Black Super PAC we push candidates to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people, and all people by going on the record about the policies they’ll support if elected and showcasing our volunteer capacity to help or hinder their political aspirations.
Last year we established a digital voter contact program that attracted over 2000 volunteers and had multiple entry points for engagement. This year, we’re looking to build on that work to expand the influence of Black voters in key down ballot elections, including elections for State’s Attorney and other national races. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team that challenges the way that the established actors engage with Black voters during elections.
Digital Field Organizers will be responsible for identifying, recruiting, leading, and supporting volunteers in a specific region to participate in a tech-enabled voter contact campaign targeting Black voters in seven states, using a combination of web-based virtual call centers for phone banking, peer-to-peer texting program, VAN and team communication platforms like Slack and Google Apps to meet weekly and monthly goals from September - Election Day. You will use discretion and independent judgement, as well as Color Of Change PAC padirectives in Voter contact to accomplished leveraging of a national base of Color Of Change PAC volunteers and partnerships with local community organizations in our key geographies. Digital Field organizers will bear primary responsibility for execution of the field plan in their assigned region. They will also work with the Data Team to manage data collection for their region. They will report to the Organizing Director.
In addition to experience organizing in a field campaign focused on volunteer-voter contact or a comparable online-offline advocacy program, we’ve identified necessary skills in three areas of responsibility -- roughly grouped into Organizing, Technology, and Project Management & Teamwork -- that would be necessary to succeed as a Digital Field Organizer.
- No matter how big the campaigns you’ve participated in, you see yourself first and foremost as an organizer who is comfortable using discretion and independent judgment. You believe in people power, and if we can organize enough people behind a tested strategy we can go up against big moneyed interests and win.
- You understand that the gold standard of any field program is a quality conversation between a volunteer and a voter.
- You get that organizing at scale requires an attention to details, logistics and simple math
- You love having numerical goals and understanding the metrics that need to be hit on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to meet or exceed expectations.
- You are highly flexible and willing to iterate even if it means constantly revising your plans in response to real-world developments. Flexibility, independent judgment and discretion are your middle name.
- You can publicly represent Color Of Change PAC in a professional and engaging manner with staff, volunteers, partners and funders, follow Color Of Change PAC directives and be independent all at the same time.
- You will use our tools. Adeptly use our suite of online organizing tools from consumer standards like Google apps and Slack, GoToWebinar, political tools like VAN and ActionKit, to old school stuff like conference calls and just getting one-on-one on the phone when needed.
- You believe with training anything is possible. Running a digital field program means shifting constantly between in-person interactions and digitally mediated ones.
Project Management & Teamwork
- You can manage volunteers and projects, and build relationships with movement partners.
- You can work well independently and use your discretion for decision making at the same time as being a part of a team that includes a combination of folks leading data, digital communications and volunteer engagement.
- You’re able to nail this to work in an environment where much of the team is not co-located with you.
- You can propose program strategy for your assigned region but at the end of the day you must take direction from leadership, align and go out and execute.
- You’re willing to lead by example and engage in the work in a hands-on manner -- through participating in voter contact yourself to coaching other staff and volunteers.
- You’re able to uphold the Color Of Change PAC brand by demonstrating our values not just when you are on the job but in all your interactions both in person and on social media.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Interested applicants should click the link (https://colorofchangepac.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0faun) and submit a resume and COC PAC-tailored cover letter.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Color Of Change PAC is an equal opportunity employer. Color Of Change PAC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.