845 Third Avenue
Acting for Women and Children, Migrants and Refugees, and Mother Earth: Organizational Background
Founded in 2002, UNANIMA International brings the feminine spirit to the United Nations. Our name merges three concepts: Anima, a feminine life principle of healing, caring, and nurturing; UN, as we do our work at the United Nations; we are unanimous, working together with one mind, heart and spirit.
In this position, the Assistant answers directly to the Executive Director.
Location & Hours
This position is full-time and based in New York, NY, USA. The organization typically operates during normal business hours (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday) with some exceptions.
- Ability to articulate and implement the vision and purpose of UNANIMA International
- Experience with collaborative projects
- Experience / familiarity with faith-based justice work
- Understanding of the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Familiarity with the UN System and how NGOs operate within it
- Flexibility / capacity to work from a variety of places
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, QuickBooks, MailChimp, and Wordpress an advantage
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter social media platforms an advantage
- Fluency in English (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) required; competence in Spanish, French, and/or Portuguese an advantage
- Reporting to and working with the Executive Director
- Writing and distributing e-mails, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Editing/formatting organizational documents and other materials
- Assisting in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports to the Board, membership, UN Department of Public Information, and UN Economic and Social Council
- Writing articles for, formatting, distributing, and posting the Update newsletter and other publications
- Maintaining the website, Facebook page, and other social media accounts
- Managing basic accounting functions (e.g. overseeing distribution of invoices to UNANIMA’s member congregations, facilitating payment of invoices to vendors and partners, recording organization expenses and income in QuickBooks, maintaining petty cash log, depositing checks received, liaising with Accountant regarding annual financial review and filing of taxes, generating income and expense reports for annual budget development)
- Helping with intern orientation and support
- Serving as a computer resource person (teaching, troubleshooting, managing computer files, etc.)
- Attending, taking minutes, and providing technical support at Board meetings
- Attending UN meetings and NGO committees as assigned
- Following topics of UNANIMA and personal interest
- Researching topics in various study areas as assigned
- Accomplishing other tasks as assigned
This position allows for:
- Two weeks of paid vacation (two 40-hour work weeks) per year
- Three days of paid sick leave, which will expire at the end of each year (if more are needed this can be negotiated)
- Paid holidays: two days at Thanksgiving, two days at Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, US Independence Day (4 July), US Memorial Day (last Monday May), US Labor Day (first Monday after a Tuesday in September), and others as determined by the Executive Director
This position does not offer health or retirement benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) required; competence in Spanish, French, and/or Portuguese an advantage
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 15 June 2018.