For 117 years, Jewish National Fund USA has been on the ground in Israel improving the lives of its residents and developing the land for the next generations. No other organization makes a bigger difference for the land and people of Israel.
JNF has launched the $1 Billion Roadmap for the Next Decade (http://usa.jnf.org/assets/pdf/thebilliondollarroadmap_digital_v-1.pdf), a ground-breaking and unprecedented plan for Israel's future that focuses on connecting the next generation to Israel, building communities in Israel's Negev and Galilee, and developing infrastructure for ecology, working with people with special needs, heritage preservation, and aliyah from North America.
The Administrative Assistant is there to provide clerical and organizational support to the Midwest Region by meeting the administrative needs and goals related to the JNF Campaign. The position will be based in the JNF Northbrook, IL office.
• Under the direction of the Director, provides administrative support to multiple fundraisers within the Midwest
• Donor database management and report creation.
• Process and code Event pledges, donations, and payments accurately and in a timely manner
• Assist with scheduling meetings and calls, when needed
• Donor relations - gain familiarity with major donors, board members and prospects
• Generate reports, ensure accuracy of donor records
• Maintain and update the salesforce system including registration for events, personalized pledge cards and name badges
• Printing, sorting and assembling name badges and pledge cards for events.
• Enter event seating provided by fundraiser into the events module in salesforce
• Assist with communication to JNF Volunteers (lay leaders, donors)
• Correspondence, mail merges and general office support
• Answer phones
• Process check requests
•Superb interpersonal skills including communication and organizational skills
•Superior customer service and telephone etiquette
•Must be extremely dependable and be able to work quickly and accurately
•Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects in order to meet deadlines and manage activities of a busy office
•Strong computer skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Salesforce database) and basic math/accounting skills are a must
•Must be available for some evening and weekend events, depending on fundraising events/schedule
•Previous experience in development organization preferred
BA/BS degree is preferred
•Dental & Vision
•Flexible Spending Account
•Employer-paid Life Insurance
•403(b) and Employer Contribution
Minimum Education Required