Under the supervision of the CEO & Founder, the role of the Career Development Coordinator is to link graduates of the FORWARD program as well as clients seeking employment support to employment opportunities, workforce development program, supportive services and other community resources. The Career Development Coordinator will oversee the networking opportunities that come about with businesses and community partners with respect to career development and cultural competency. They will also be in charge of a client caseload that will include conducting intakes, assessments, referrals, health navigation, and career development.
The Career Development Coordinator works collaboratively with administrators, staff members, business partners, and clients to ensure the delivery of career development services. They facilitate linkages with CBO’s, businesses, educational institutions, and community organizations to support client’s transition to educational institutions and employment. The Career Development Coordinator is expected to serve as a liaison who provides reliable information, appropriate referrals, and peer support to individuals who are looking to start or expand their skillset. The Career Development Coordinator will be the point of contact from inception to services delivery between TN and the business partners who will host our graduates post-training. They will also be responsible for facilitating cultural competency trainings for businesses to ensure a safe and gender affirming environment.
· Fully Bilingual (Spanish/English).
· Establish positive, supportive relationships with participants and provide short-term counseling
· Help clients in utilizing resources, including scheduling appointments, and assisting with completion of applications for programs for which they may be eligible.
· Familiarity with HIV/AIDS services and community resources in New York City.
· Ability to demonstrate basic computer proficiency.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Good oral and written bi-lingual communication skills.
· Comfort with the diversity (ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, etc.) of our multicultural community.
· Ability to use good judgment regarding confidentiality issues.
· Assess service needs of clients and link them to the appropriate providers and community resources.
· Facilitate programs and services such as health and wellness, job training, cultural competency training, and events.
· Develop a resource directory of local business partners.
· Assist clients with applications for continuing education and job opportunities.
· Build and maintain positive working relationships with the clients, providers, case managers and other health agency representatives and businesses
· Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community resources, services and programs
· Develop and organize Job Fairs and Community Events.
· Other duties as assigned
· Prior experience with record keeping.
· Training certificate in basic HIV101 and HIV treatment is preferred but not required.
· Prior experience in data collection, tracking and report writing
· Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience
· Strong administrative and coordination skills.
For more information or to apply please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Under the supervision of the CEO & Founder, the role of the Career Development Coordinator is to link graduates of the FORWARD program as well as clients seeking employment support to employment…
Fully Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Fully Bilingual (Spanish/English)