1710 S. Loomis St.
Who is El Hogar Del Nino? Located in the Pilsen neighborhood for over 40 years, El Hogar del Niño has been helping to prepare children and their families for a successful future. We are committed to quality. All of our programs are accredited by the highest standard in early education, The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), and we have achieved the GOLD Level of ExceleRate for our preschool program. Our infant & toddler program has earned the 2016 Award of Excellence for Infant and Toddler Services by ExceleRate Illinois, the highest level of our state's quality rating and improvement system, recognizing research-based best practice. Only 5 such awards were given to centers in Illinois. We also provide after-school programs for kindergarten through seventh grade (age twelve). Our Family Case Management program serves pregnant mothers and their newborns up to age one. We also have Home Visiting and Family Child Care Homes programs that serve children ages six weeks to age five in the home.
What is the Human Resources Manager Opportunity? Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for supporting the mission and values of the agency through the handling, monitoring, tracking, coordinating, developing, implementing and processing of all personnel aspects of the agency related to hiring, firing, payroll, orientation, training, and performance management. In addition, responsible for the supervision of the Human Resources staff and for guiding and directing other staff with human resources functions or duties assigned to them. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Development, implementing, and monitoring all Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Responsible for policy interpretation and ensuring implementation of policies as related to grievances and/or disciplinary action with approval from the Executive Director as needed.
- Managing the recruiting and hiring of new staff, volunteers, and interns or work-study participants including the designing of job postings, job descriptions, initial interviews, etc.
- Identifying and managing systems to maintain agency fully staffed and trained (e.g., tracking and reporting staff turnover, exit interviews, etc.)
- Manage employee benefit plans, including communication, open enrollment coordination, implementation of changes, required reports, monthly invoice reconciliation
- Participate with senior staff in the development personnel policies and primarily responsible for revising and updating agency’s employee policies and procedures manual and for distributing to all appropriate parties any current and revised personnel policies.
- Enforcing and ensuring compliance of workplace laws including federal, state, and city regulations that apply to the agency.
- Guarantee compliance with all personnel related DCFS licensing requirements. Ensure the retention and confidentiality of all active and inactive personnel files.
- Supervision and/or guidance of human resources staff and other staff with human resources duties assigned to them.
- Conduct market salary surveys of similar organizations and responds to requests for references.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary/Benefits
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 403 (b) Plan
- Generous PTO plan
- Close to public transportation
- Opportunity to work for an organization that gives back to its community
For more information about organization please visit: http://elhogardelnino.org/index.php/en/
Level of Language Proficiency
What qualifications are needed for the Human Resources Manager? The successful candidate would possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resources
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification OR SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Must have the ability to work well with clients, all levels of the organization, other agencies and funding source personnel
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be well organized, detailed-oriented and accuracy driven
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
In addition, must demonstrate the following qualities: self-motivated, self-directed, detail oriented, follows directions, good judgment, creative, reliable, and dependable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical constraints required include the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, the ability to see and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses, to speak and be understood under normal circumstances, to occasionally lift up to and carry
Qualified candidates apply by sending your resume and cover letter by clicking the apply now button below.
El Hogar Del Nino is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume.