320 West 37th Street
The People’s Forum (TPF) is a new non-profit in New York City that will serve as resource for, and will collaborate with community members and organizations in advancing the struggles of the poor and dispossessed. The People’s Forum is located in midtown Manhattan and is scheduled to open in Fall 2018.
Our Mission: The People’s Forum is a movement incubator for working class and marginalized communities to build unity across historic lines of division at home and abroad. We are an accessible educational and cultural space that nurtures the next generation of visionaries and organizers who believe that through collective action a new world is possible.
● Work with TPF staff in receiving members and visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, and directing them to the appropriate person or office.
● Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls
● Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries. Manage the TPF general e-mail and respond to questions and/or requests.
● Properly sort through and field requests for space usage and related inquiries.
● Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
● Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
● Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock for reception area, and TPF staff office areas. Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
● Update calendars of TPF events, and schedule meetings for TPF staff.
● Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
● Assist with the logistics of TPF sponsored events as needed.
● Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role in a non-profit/social justice setting.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), and
● Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
● Professional attitude and appearance
● Time management/organizational skills.
● Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
● Excellent organizational skills, follow-through and attention to detail.
● Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
● Customer service attitude
● Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and ability to multitask.
● High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
● Bilingual with the ability to verbally communicate, read, and write in Spanish preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in this role and The People’s Forum along with your resume. Applications can be sent to the Executive Director Manolo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Receptionist” in the subject line of the email and submit your application.