The Hope Border Institute (HOPE) Position Description: The Administrative Specialist will serve as a key full-time staff person by providing advanced administrative support to the executive director and operational support to HOPE’s El Paso-based team.
II. CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES (from highest to lowest priority)
The Administrative Specialist’s major continuing responsibilities and duties will be:
- upholding and contributing to the mission of HOPE, working collaboratively with HOPE staff and consultants, following established policies and procedures, identifying and sharing ideas for improvement, and supporting HOPE efforts verbally, in actions and attitude;
- organization-wide operational support, including managing and staffing organizational events, including complex event planning, logistics, and budgets
- front office management, including answering phone calls, emails and mail and directing to appropriate parties or taking messages, greeting visitors, and vendor management
- administrative support to staff, including maintaining organizational calendar, processing expenses and coordinating travel arrangements
- logistics for Board of Directors meetings, including in-house staff presentations and collection of reports to the board
- coordinating internal communications systems, record retention and filing
- providing ongoing complex data tracking, review and visualization, developing reporting tools and templates and supporting HOPE-wide data management strategy
- staying abreast of relevant nonprofit and HOPE policies and compliance requirements and assisting staff with understanding, operationalizing, and adhering to relevant policies and guidelines; training staff on processes/workflows
- communications database entry and website updates
- managing inventory, ordering supplies and maintaining a clean and professional work environment
- other related duties as assigned
III. CANDIDATE PROFILE
HOPE is a strong fit for professionals who possess strong motivation and a desire to work in a collaborative, mission-driven environment, demonstrate exemplary professional behavior and values, and who are resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent and self-confident and have a sense of humor.
The successful candidate will have office management and administrative experience in a nonprofit, entrepreneurial environment. In addition, the candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a position similar to the duties described above
- experience with event planning and execution
- a can do attitude and a highly self-motivated work style and willingness to proactively take on projects
- excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- flexibility and the ability to deal well with ambiguity and the fast-paced nature of a new and rapidly expanding organization
- strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- proficient in the use of Microsoft Office/Google packages, experience in the use of data management and and databases is strongly desirable
- proven ability to set up processes, systems and workflows, and ensure adherence to procedures and follow-up
- experience with record keeping, budget management, and finance administration is important
- a professional attitude and service orientation
- passion for and commitment to working in the field of justice, peace and human development in a faith-based context
This is the job for you if:
- you are super detail-oriented and always check and double check work.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
English and Spanish required.
Daily contact with HOPE staff.
Regular contact with Accountant, HR Manager.
Occasional contact with HOPE Board of Directors.
Regular contact with outside vendors.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION
Executes duties under the general supervision of the Executive Director. Occasionally, the supervision is more direct or limited. Position requires the ability to analyze situations and propose solutions and responses that best promote the goals and objectives of the HOPE in the area of logistics. Must exhibit professional initiative. Some public activities require the direct review and approval of the Executive Director.
Must have ability to work well under short deadlines and to handle multiple issues and tasks at one time.
Some travel in the El Paso, Ciudad Juárez and Las Cruces region. Some evening and weekend work is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS /PHYSICAL EFFORT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed both in an office setting and in the field. Regular computer work is also required.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Health, Retirement, Vacation, Leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send CV and cover letter to Dylan Corbett at email@example.com.