330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experiencedr Manager, COB/COBRA for our Eligibility department.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the COBRA/COB department; streamline work-flow and ensure staff has written guidelines to perform with the highest level of accuracy including training and development to meet the goals and needs of the department
- Oversee the team and meet on a regular basis with Coordinator and Supervisor
- Monitor progress, guide projects, and facilitate staff development
- Manage COBRA/COB staff in accordance with established departmental procedures, Human Resources guidelines, and provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Establish a collaborative team environment and provide constructive feedback, prepare performance evaluations for direct reports, identify areas for development, coach and counsel as appropriate.
- Manage and maintain COBRA payments and reimbursements
- Review monthly metric reports, analyze and interpret the gathered information; report written summaries and submit to leadership
- Respond to the COBRA/COB member inquiry and appeals; gathering appropriate documents, write summaries, review determinations and write decisions, subject to final signatory approval by the Senior Manager/Associate Director
- Ensure members and their spouses are adhering to COB policies; maintain cost savings and share cost between insurance companies
- Prepare, develop and assess monthly/quarterly reports regarding operations and reimbursement dates; inform management of departmental activity
- Resolve escalated COBRA/COB issues from 1199SEIU members, assist staff with complex problems, communicate with various departments or agencies; ensure issues are handled appropriately and confidentially, identify areas for improvement and troubleshoot system related issues
- Annual reconciliation of checks received
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent years of experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant COBRA eligibility experience; to include two (2) years supervisory experience required
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Medicaid regulations and guidelines required
- Excellent knowledge of COBRA, Medicare and Medicaid laws and regulations
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and WebMD software required
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership abilities and able to motivate staff
medical, dental, prescription, no copays, 401k, tuition reimbursement, child care
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.