1700 W. Pico Blvd.
The mission of Equitas Academy Charter Schools is to provide a structured, achievement-based community that prepares students to graduate from four-year colleges and universities. Equitas Academy was founded in 2009 as a network of free public schools for families who believe their children deserve a high-quality education and challenging school experience. We currently serve over 1,200 students in Kinder-8th grade in two elementary schools and two middle schools. Equitas Academy is based in the Pico-Union neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- High Expectations. Structured and disciplined classrooms, school-wide behavioral code of conduct, and school uniforms
- College Readiness. Extended school day and year, enrichment activities, and preparation to enter top-performing middle, high schools, and, ultimately, college
- A Family Partnership. Ongoing communication with parents about academic and behavioral progress, at-home visits by staff, and family workshops
- A Safe & Supportive School Community. We help our children make positive choices through our school values of curiosity, optimism, gratitude, grit, self-control, social intelligence, and zest.
To help us achieve our mission, we are seeking a Student Recruitment Manager. The Student Recruitment Manager is charged with helping Equitas Charter Academy serve the students and families in our community by ensuring that our campuses are fully enrolled. The SRM will lead community engagement efforts, recruitment events, and build name awareness for Equitas Academy and all of our schools.
The Student Recruitment Manager reports to The Director of Operations.
- Developing and implementing Equitas Academy’s annual student recruitment strategy to ensure all campuses are fully enrolled
- Coordinating and executing events that drive student recruitment
- Creating and maintaining systems to track effectiveness of recruitment efforts
- Leading canvassing and other recruitment efforts
- Attending community events to market Equitas Academy
- Following up with prospective and new families to drive enrollment
- Managing a small team of part-time parent and volunteer recruiters
Qualifications and Experience
- Some college required; Bachelors degree preferred
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Recruitment and canvassing experience preferred
- Experience working in a school, non-profit, or sales setting preferred
- Experience using spreadsheets, CRMs, or Google suites
- Ability to engage strangers in communication
- As the lead recruiter, the SRM will be required to work outdoors and walk large areas for long periods of time. This person must be able to perform these physical tasks and maintain a positive composure when engaging potential families.
Commitment to Diversity
Equitas Academy is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our website for more information at www.equitasacademy.org
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Benefits include medical/dental/vision coverage and paid sick and vacation time off.
Benefits include medical/dental/vision coverage and paid sick and vacation time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaking skills in verbal and written required.
Minimum Education Required