Ardmore is an established non-profit in Prince George’s county supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1963! Our mission of empowerment is acted out daily in the lives of the 200+ people who participate in our customized employment, community learning, and community living programs. We believe every person has the right to determine the direction of their life – a concept that has historically been denied to many people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our team member’s work together to promote voice, choice, and empowerment for the people we support.
Overview: The Director is responsible for providing overall leadership to HR and Administration function’s development, planning and implementation. Provides broad oversight and expertise in the development of organization initiatives to assure successful achievement of goals and objectives. Evaluates risk factors with potential to disrupt achievement of strategic goals and sets appropriate course of action in response. Investigates and analyzes current information from various sources on various HR functions to inform decision making and the development of protocols and procedures. Oversees implementation of labor strategies to track and mitigate risk and its potential impact.
An overview of the position focus includes:
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
· Minimum of 10 years of HR experience across a range of competencies and 3-5 years of experience managing a team and being in a leadership role.
· Proven track record of meeting ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
· Ability to manage high energy teams; prioritize and oversee multiple activities in a fluid and dynamic environment.
· Experience recruiting and sourcing for all roles - senior leadership through entry level position.
· Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships, with internal and external stakeholders including the Board of Directors, committee members, donors, vendors and employees.
· Experience working in a non-profit, human rights, or advocacy organization preferred. Able to support a diverse workforce while promoting diversity and inclusion within the organization.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by March 12, 2021.
Ardmore is an established non-profit in Prince George’s county supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1963! Our mission of empowerment is acted out daily in the lives of the 200+ people who participate…