Details: $15/per hour
3645 SE 32nd Ave
Are you ready to strengthen the voice of working people in the political process?
If so, we need YOU for our robust political program during the upcoming election for critical member mobilization and helping to execute our field and member communications program! The Oregon AFL-CIO represents over 300,000 working Oregonians. Our mission is to improve the lives of our members and all workers, and to raise the standard of living for all Oregonians through collective bargaining, advocacy, and political education and outreach.
This is a full-time temporary position. Position begins August 27th and ends on November 6th. Compensation is $15 per hour.
- Familiarity with the electoral process
- Experience interacting with the public
- Strong commitment to economic, racial and gender justice
- Outgoing and friendly demeanor with a team-player attitude
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- An honest and trustworthy reputation
- Political campaign and/or canvass experience
- Experience with miniVAN
- Conversational level proficiency in languages other than English
- Licensed and insured driver
We're scheduling interviews immediately. Email a resume and 5-7 sentences about yourself and your interest in the labor movement right away to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Oregon AFL-CIO strongly encourages people of color, queer, transgender, gender nonconforming people and people with disabilities to apply. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this position but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Conversational proficiency in any language other than English is a plus! Especially Spanish/Vietnamese/Russian
Minimum Education Required