Summary: Working under the direction of the IT Director, the Information Systems Coordinator is the primary union intelligence staff leader and expert responsible for creating, developing, supervising, and evolving our Union's Member Resource Center (MRC) union intelligence (UI) system and Local's Information Systems to resource members, leaders, and staff with critical information, such as reports and dashboards, to effectively carry out our Union's vision to improve the lives of working people. The Information Systems Coordinator is responsible for being the primary staff architect for the Union's UI platform, and our overall member outreach IS ecosystem.
This is a professional program manager-level position with the overall responsibility and authority for planning, administering, and leading the Union's MRC union intelligence program, subject to the direction of the IT Director.
Primary Responsibilities and Skills:
The Information Systems Coordinator's primary responsibility is to develop and lead the Local's MRC Union Intelligence Program. The Information Systems Coordinator's duties listed below are representative of the position:
· Formulates and implements the MRC UI program goals, objectives, plans, work standards, policies, procedures, and systems, under the direction of the IT director or designee.
· Develops, maintains, and enforces architectural guidance documents, policies, and procedures around data and reporting
· Directs, leads, supervises, and holds accountable data analysts and staff assigned to work on various UI projects.
· Develops and oversees MRC's UI program budget needs.
· Improves our member leaders' MRC user-experience and increases members leaders' adoption and usage levels of the MRC's UI program and platform.
· Develop a highly efficient and cost-effective Member Resource Center Union Intelligence program.
· Act as the liaison between union leaders, members, and senior staff, proactively ensuring frequent contact with stakeholders and staff to monitor performance and product satisfaction
· Design and pilot new UI capabilities (e.g., ways to approach and analyze data, machine learning, software, data insights). Integrate, evolve, and scale proven UI capabilities and retire current low-impact and unsupported UI capabilities.
· Provide guidance, motivation, and administration support to employees and members for the Local's member engagement channels (CallHub, MailChimp, Purple Text, SurveyMonkey, Swift, and mobile applications).
· Improve our member leaders' MRC user experience and increase member leader's adoption and usage levels of the MRC's UI program and platform.
· Lead, coordinate, and conduct recurring training and feedback sessions with diverse stakeholders, including member leaders and technology "ambassadors" from within our vast pool of union members.
· Develop and implement UI staff development plans that increase our staff's UI capacity and adoption of the UI program.
· Grant access to UI content based on the type of user accounts.
· Assist IT Director in establishing a central, accurate, and frequently updated database (Unionware) that will serve as the Local's "single version of truth" and eliminates all silo data sources.
· Create reports and dashboards as needed.
· Advise senior staff leaders on the strategic direction of the MRC UI program and platform.
· Communicate with UI and Info Systems vendors to ensure system accessibility and technical standards and troubleshooting contractor, employee, and member inquiries, and interface with the vendor to resolve problems.
· Use metrics, internal feedback, and best practices to monitor operations, resources, and effectiveness of the MRC UI program.
· Interface with vendors, other SEIU Locals, SEIU International, and internal departments on the MRC UI program.
· Introduce and integrate UI and data insights to achieve organizational objectives.
· Analyze complex technical and operational service issues, evaluating alternative solutions and adopting effective courses of action.
· Prepare clear, concise, and competent reports, correspondence, and other written material.
Perform other duties as assigned
Core Competencies: The following competencies have been identified as critical for success in the role and will be referred to during the selection process:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience in IT, systems management, business, or related field required
· 3+ years of experience leading and managing complex Business Intelligence platform projects
· 2+ years of labor union or non-profit experience
· Prior supervisory experience desirable, but not required
· Strong technical knowledge and experience with common BI tools, such as Tableau, Qlik view, SAP, Microsoft Power BI
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· A keen eye for details and aptitude for working with data
· Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
· Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
· Strong project and process management skills.
· Capable of working in a team environment demonstrating good written and communication skills.
· Able to work independently and autonomously
· Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff
· Commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside organizations.
· Must possess a valid California driver's license; pass a DMV check, and have a good driving record.
· Have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$50,000 property coverage); and must possess an automobile for business use.
Summary: Working under the direction of the IT Director, the Information Systems Coordinator is the primary union intelligence staff leader and expert responsible for creating, developing, supervising, and evolving our Union's Member…
SEIU Local 1021 offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a defined-benefit pension plan, 401(k) plan, and generous paid leave time.
SEIU Local 1021 offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a…
Mail or email a cover letter. Include a detailed resume and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references to: Human Resources Coordinator, SEIU Local 1021. Mailing address: SEIU Local 1021, 447 29th Street, Oakland, CA 94609, or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time. No phone calls, please.
Hiring: We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in our country. For example, women, LGBTQI, people of color, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SEIU Local 1021 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all races, ethnicities, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, marital statuses, religions, or who have a disability. Local 1021 is committed to ensuring fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Mail or email a cover letter. Include a detailed resume and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references to: Human Resources Coordinator, SEIU Local 1021…