1701 Ellis St #221
Join Sustainable Connections, an entrepreneurial nonprofit founded in 2002 that each year works with dozens of partner organizations and over 2,000 businesses, and engages thousands of community members. This is an exciting time to join our team, as we are in the process of merging with Cloud Mountain Farm Center, an organization that is strategically aligned with our Food & Farming program. The merger will be official by the end of 2018, so there is a unique opportunity for the person in this position to contribute significantly to this important organizational development.
This position is geared towards someone with strong analytical and interpersonal skills; stellar attention to detail and ability to manage a diverse workload; and a passion for maximizing organizational success serving a mission to create thriving communities through innovative ideas, collaboration, and action.
- Strategy/Organizational Development
- Work with Executive Director to monitor, evaluate, and plan for organizational development for continuous improvement
- Develop and implement tools that provide the feedback and data necessary for strategic decisions to be made
- Finance Coordination
- Management of accounts receivable and assistance with accounts payable
- Work with Bookkeeper to ensure financial procedures are being followed and functioning effectively, making improvements as needed
- Coordinate annual budgeting process and review monthly financials with ED and Development Manager when requested
- Ensure organization maintains financial compliance and accurate asset records for annual filing
- Serve as a key internal leader, attracting, coaching, and retaining high-performance team members, and supporting staff in prioritizing their time and resources toward maximizing their impact
- Manage hiring processes; maintain Personnel files and Employee Handbook; ensure compliance with employer regulations; and coordinate staff trainings, retreats, and professional development opportunities
- Facilitate annual/ongoing Growth & Development review process
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and service by encouraging staff to view and conduct themselves as members of a truly integrated organization
- IT Management
- Maintain, update, and ensure the accuracy of the contact management system (Salesforce); train staff and work with consultant as needed; continuous improvement to processes and systems in how the organization uses Salesforce
- Ensure health and security of all computers, data, and other office technologies for maximum organizational efficiency, making upgrades as needed
- General office/IT support, including working with IT contractors; administrator for Office365/Sharepoint system
- Develop and implement technology-driven policies and procedures
- Board Support & Supervision
- Attend Board and Committee meetings, take minutes, and facilitate follow-up on action items as needed
- Manage Board policies and documents, and support Board retreats
- Provide supervision and support for Event & Development Coordinator
- Office Management
- Maintain an office that is positive, innovative, and highly productive, including working with vendors, managing shared resources, and procuring/maintaining supplies and equipment as needed
- Create and manage Admin budget
- Maintain organization’s files and data
Given this exciting time in the organization’s evolution, this position will continue to evolve as well, and
there will likely be opportunities for additional responsibility in the future. There are still some
unknowns as to how exactly this role will be integrated with regular operations at Cloud Mountain
Farm Center, but that is something that this person will be able to help formulate.
At least eight years of professional experience/education beyond high school (or GED) in areas of
administration (nonprofit preferred), management, human resources, accounting/finance, and/or
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
- Is aligned with the Mission and Vision of the organization and is excited to support the growth, efficacy, and efficiency of the work of Sustainable Connections
- Values the importance of developing and supporting a diverse and inclusive team
- Is able to generate and implement new ideas to innovate organizational systems and processes
- Has strong problem solving skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Has significant background/experience with human resources and experience with basic bookkeeping/finance management
- Is very comfortable with MS Office, PCs, and Office365/Sharepoint; Salesforce Admin experience and comfort troubleshooting basic computer issues (or an aptitude for googling problems) preferred
- Has a demonstrated ability to take initiative and work proactively and independently
- Has excellent inter-personal skills and an energy that attracts others; seeks to find and recognize the best in others; and is able to work with a variety of individual work styles across an organization, serving as a leader and role model for others
The primary work location for this position will be our office located at 1701 Ellis St., adjacent to
downtown Bellingham; however, partial or full days will regularly be worked at Cloud Mountain Farm
Center, located at 6906 Goodwin Rd. in Everson. Occasional evening and weekend special events.
This is a full-time, regular, exempt position. Benefits include starting with 16 days paid time off/year and a 6-day holiday break from Dec. 25-Jan 1. The organization offers up to a 3% match SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and is exploring several health care options for 2019. Additional benefits include fun and supportive coworkers, a flexible working schedule, and the opportunity to help lead a nationally recognized organization at a very exciting time in its
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by email only to email@example.com. Please write “Administrative Manager Application” in the Subject. Application Deadline is Sun. 10/7; position is open until filled.
Sustainable Connections complies with all federal, state, and local laws which prohibit discrimination in employment. Sustainable Connections is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
Sustainable Connections is an equal opportunity employer that believes it is the responsibility of the company and all its employees to ensure there is no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.