1936 W Chapman Ave
BSP’s Health & Wellness Program offers janitorial union members and their families health fairs, health and wellness activities, case-management, and worksite health education classes. The Health Educator position is a part time contract position that will take place starting immediately in Orange County. The Part-Time Contract Health Educator will facilitate our Health & Wellness Curriculum. BSP will provide training on delivery of the curriculum. The Part-Time Contract Health Educator will deliver programming in Spanish on Saturday mornings at the OC Union and at worker’s worksites in the evenings. The Part-Time Contract Health Educator must be dynamic and motivating, encouraging participation.
The Part-Time Contract Health Educator will be in charge of delivering health and wellness content to janitors and their family. For worksite programs, the Part-Time Health Educator will contact employers and stewards to set up recruitment visits and class schedule. Health & Wellness activities include physical activity workshops, grocery store trips, cooking demonstrations, and more.
The Part-Time Contract Health Educator will make sure the trainings and courses are in compliance with BSP’s various funding streams and will comply by BSP’s standards of procedure. Additionally, the Instructor Coordinator would be expected to teach classes and programs as appropriate.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instruction – will teach and coordinate health and wellness classes and workshops at various worksite locations and at the BSP office as time permits.
- Curriculum and Assessments – will assess, manage, standardize and update BSP’s curriculum inventory by order of priority and become familiar with assessments and testing methods.
- Recruitment - will strategize to increase attendee participation and involvement through various recruitment strategies such as phone calls, emails, flyering, worksite visits, and social media outreach.
- Employer Relations – will be responsible for communicating with employers to schedule worksite recruitment visits and worksite class delivery.
- Data Entry - will be responsible for inputting intakes, assessments, and evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related field.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
- Experience delivering health education classes in group settings.
- Prior involvement in education and/or training.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Flexibility, strong organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Must be available during the evening and some weekends at various sites throughout Orange County.
Email a resume with cover letter explaining interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line title of Health Educator.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must speak Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your qualifications for this position.